Blue Giraffe and GameHouse: Original Stories are joining forces to up the quality ante of our games! The GameHouse Game Operations team is looking for a seasoned hands on Game QA Specialist to help build on a culture of quality and work as an embedded QA Guardian with and in the Blue Giraffe Studio!
As our new Game QA Specialist we want you to:
Take hands on Game QA ownership of existing Blue Giraffe game franchises and awesome new projects! This means we want you to deep dive into the game(s), but also think of smarter ways to test, plan external QA resources and own QA road maps for the future!
Be a full part of the production process and work together closely with producers, developers and artists, e.g. by providing feedback on design documents, analyzing prototypes and testing early alpha/beta builds
Continuously build on and improve our (Live Ops) QA processes, practices and documentation, and share your knowledge with the entire company
Act as the QA linchpin between Blue Giraffe and GameHouse: Original Stories (both located in Eindhoven (NL)
*Please note that this position is based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the European Union.
- You love games!
- Bachelor level education and at least 4 to 5 years of experience in Game QA
- Experience with testing on mobile (specifically Android & iOS)
- Experience with test planning, test case creation and managing external test resources
- Experience with testing games including backend technology
- You are a proactive person of broad interests and skill sets, someone who combines laser focus and technical know-how with creativity and a good sense of humor
- You excel at and thrive on creating order in a (sometimes) chaotic but (always) creative environment
- Your communication skills in English, both written and verbally, are impeccable.
- We are an international company and you are the QA point of contact for all stakeholders!
Nice to Haves!
- Ideally, you have experience in using Jira and Confluence (or you can show us something better!)
- Familiarity with QA/Test Automation
- Familiarity with LiveOps/F2P games
About Blue Giraffe Games
We create games that are all about characters. We take great care in creating a compelling story and crafting beautiful products that are a joy to play.
If you ask the giraffes to describe themselves, you’ll hear a wide range of personal stories around enjoying building games, crafting beautiful characters,worlds and materializing games using our own technology. Mostly told with a big smile and pride for who they are and what they do. Blue Giraffe is about a deep passion around creating games. It’s build around people that have been in the industry for 20+ years, yet with room for youngsters. It’s about television addicts, comic lovers, creative artists, who need to self express by sculpting, coding, drawing and writing. The giraffes have a strong emotional bond with the products they build. There is a sense of absolute pride in this place about building games. With respect to players. Why? Because every time we get excited reading reviews on AppStore, Facebook and Steam, they instantly get shared in our group chat. We pride ourselves on a cut-the-bullshit mentality and just build it when it comes to our games. We don’t mind discussing what is good and talking about what needs to be improved. We do this by keeping everyone close to the products we build. As a team. Where each member of the studio is part of the greater story of Blue Giraffe and as such is just as important as one another.