The Senior 3D animator breathes life into our products by creating animations for characters (human and non-human), weapons, vehicles and objects, as well as special events, scripted sequences and cut-scenes.
- Define animation style in collaboration with Art Director and Lead Artist;
- Set up an animation pipeline and teach other artists how to use it;
- Create animations within technical-, creative- and time constraints;
- Collaborate with other disciplines to deliver game-engine ready assets;
- Build motion/blend trees in the game engine (Unity and/or UE4).
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ Years of game industry experience;
- A solid understanding of (body) motion, physics, IK and FK;
- A keen eye for movement, squash and stretch, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through etc.;
- A portfolio showcasing a variety of high quality 3D animations, such as characters, animals, robots and sequences;
- Proficiency in Maya and its animation tools.
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to rig and skin 3D models;
- Knowledge of scripting;
- Experience with special effects, custom shaders and particle systems;
- 2D Animation skills.
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge;
- Benefits according to experience and job;
- A healthy work-life balance;
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.
For this vacancy we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU (no visa required).
About Force Field
ABOUT FORCE FIELD VR
Force Field is one of the world’s largest development studios dedicated solely to developing state of the art Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), creating high-end games, innovative TV & video content, unique interactive experiences and groundbreaking applications.
Force Field is looking for the best creative talent to help us develop to help us develop the next generation of these new forms of digital content. Come join our international team in the center of Amsterdam.