The UI artist works closely together with the UI/UX designer and is responsible for creating and implementing 2D and 3D UI content that’s both beautiful and functional. Guiding the end-user with graphical tools such as position, size, color and animation should be second nature and can lead to constructive discussions with Art and Design.
- Define the UI visual style and document this in a style guide;
- Create and animate 2D and 3D UI assets and implement these in the game engine;
- Make in-game UI elements like backgrounds, buttons, icons, graphics etc.;
- Skin placeholder UI elements created by the UI/UX designer;
- Collaborate with the UI/UX designer and suggest changes & improvements where needed;
- Participate in flow- and wireframe meetings & reviews;
- Consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity;
- Work closely with UI/UX designer, UI programmer and producer;
- Safeguard an optimal end user experience.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ Years game industry experience;
- Experience in 2D and 3D content creation for UIs (Photoshop and Maya preferred);
- Experience with implementing UI content in Unity and/or UE4;
- Great affinity with the UI/UX field and virtual reality.
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3D modeling and/or animation background;
- Experience creating 3D content for various devices (phones, tablets, pc’s, consoles, VR, AR);
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development environment;
- Passionate about games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses.
- You are highly communicative;
- You are not afraid of creative clashes;
- You think outside the box;
- You can adapt to different visual styles;
- You are a creative & methodical thinker.
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge;
- Benefits according to experience and job;
- A healthy work-life balance;
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.
About Force Field
Force Field is one of the world’s largest development studios dedicated solely to developing state of the art Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), creating high-end games, innovative TV & video content, unique interactive experiences and groundbreaking applications.
Force Field is looking for the best creative talent to help us develop to help us develop the next generation of these new forms of digital content. Come join our international team in the center of Amsterdam.