We are looking for a talented UI designer to create amazing user experiences in virtual reality. You should have and understanding of clear communication through impactful design and the considerations for working in this exciting technology. You must be able to take a high level brief and deliver intuitive and functional in line with the product art direction and tone.
- Continually research advancements in VR UI and become our in-house expert
- Collaborate with senior team members to define and implement innovative solutions
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to working software
- Create wireframes, storyboards and user flows to effectively communicate interaction
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows and process flows
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- VR development experience or published VR title;
- Experience with Unity or Unreal (moved this from desired skills since we have a separate header for bonus skills0
- Experience in 3D content creation software (Maya preferred) (thinking this might be a desired skill instead of a bonus skill)
- Ability to go beyond functional design and produce beautiful game-ready assets
- You are capable of communicating in a clear, open, convincing, and inspired manner;
- You are passionate about game design and you love to create new things;
- You are comfortable with working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- You have a very good knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge;
- Benefits according to experience and job;
- A healthy work-life balance;
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.
About Force Field VR
ABOUT FORCE FIELD VR
Force Field is one of the world’s largest development studios dedicated solely to developing state of the art Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), creating high-end games, innovative TV & video content, unique interactive experiences and groundbreaking applications.
Force Field is looking for the best creative talent to help us develop to help us develop the next generation of these new forms of digital content. Come join our international team in the center of Amsterdam.