Mid-Level Back-End Game Developer [Go]
Do you want to help create real-time multiplayer games, played by millions? And do you want to put Go in action to create stable and scalable server authenticated multiplayer games? Hidden Monster Games is in search of a senior Back-End Developer that wants to join our studio to create accessible, competitive online multiplayer games. Join our small team, where you can have a direct influence on almost every facet of our games and studio… and earn a good salary.
Work at Hidden Monster Games
Hidden Monster Games currently works on expanding its game ‘Curve Fever’. Curve Fever is played by millions of fans. For our back-end we have build our own server network infrastructure written in Go. Our game runs on the server to make cheating more difficult. This means that gameplay features must be build on both the server and the client. Thus you will also be involved in writing gameplay on the server. As we are growing and adding more features to the game, the back-end needs to be expanded.
You would be responsible for:
- writing gameplay for our servers in Go
- the security and maintainability of the server network
- the architecture of the game on the servers
- setting up different clusters around the globe
- 3+ years professional experience on programming work
- Experience in writing backend code and infrastructure
- Good knowledge of concepts like concurrency
- Capable of setting up servers and databases so that they are scalable
- At least a BSc degree in a technical field
- Willing to relocate, the job is onsite in Amsterdam
- Willing to expand your knowledge
- Experience working with scrum
- Give constructive feedback on design, process and people
- Receive constructive feedback on design, process and people
- Wear multiple hats, and help out in other areas when necessary
- The job is a full time job
We believe that great teams make great games. This means that we:
- set clear goals
- have the freedom to decide how the goals of the team are best served
- share ideas inside and outside of the team, so we can continually improve ideas and process
- practice respectful collaboration
- always try to learn and improve ourselves
We heavily value a team of professionals with a deep understanding of their specialization and understand what it takes to work together to make great games. Therefore, we put a lot of effort in clear communication and encourage team members to go to events, near and far. Once a year we all attend one major gaming conference. Last year we went to GDC.
We provide the team with all the necessary tools, equipment and an awesome and inspiring environment. We frequently have lunch together and it is not unusual for us to grab a beer and play a game after work.
We are situated in the vibrant city-center of Amsterdam, right behind the Dam square. This allows for inspiring walks over the cobblestone streets, canals and through the picturesque scenery of the city. Our studio is on the top floor with a great view of the city-skyline from our large windows and balcony.
The studio itself is spacious and inspiring, with some cool graphics on the walls. It is an open workspace, but we put a lot of effort to enable focused work. The studio is fully equipped for brainstorming and collaboration. Among our work spaces we have a lounge, meeting room, balcony and a quiet room. This enables our diverse team to work in different locations and get fresh perspectives to find solutions.
Our development philosophy
- Small agile team consisting of professionals
- Scrum with biweekly sprints
- Community focused design
- Share our progress with the player community
- Share our progress with the game development community
Competitive salary, also compared to other sectors, depends on experience.
Apply by sending a cover letter, CV and example source code [email protected]
About Hidden Monster Games
Many people like the challenge, competition and social aspects of online gaming. However, they don’t like to get into complicated games because it requires too much time investment to learn the games.
Our games get you in the action within seconds. They are great to play with or against friends. Although easy to learn and play, they are challenging to become very good at. By testing our games on the web first, analyze data and interview players, we design games that the players want to play.
We believe that great games are made by great teams. To shape a great team, we make sure that team players have the possibility to become experts in their fields. See what else we are doing on our instagram