At our studio in the Utrecht city centre, you will work on game titles developed all over the world by acclaimed studios like Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal. We have opportunities involving many aspects of the full game development process required to ship AAA titles.
We’re looking for a highly collaborative, passionate and skilled Graphics Programmer that can implement high-level graphical effects as well as making low-level enhancements to the graphics engines we work with to enable and optimize these.
Competencies, skills & knowledge:
· You have an up to date knowledge of the current APIs such as DirectX 11/12 and OpenGL 4.x.
· You have a profound understanding of state of the art graphics and lighting techniques.
· You have a solid mathematical background.
· You have a pragmatic, hands-on problem solving mentality.
· You have C++ knowledge and experience.
· You aim to design and write well-structured, readable and maintainable code.
· You work well in a team and on a large code base.
· You have good communication skills in written and spoken English.
· You have good understanding of code performance and complexity.
· You work well in an environment with deadlines and milestones
· Game industry & development experience.
· Experience developing games on game consoles like Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, etc.
· Strong Debugging Skills
· Strong understanding of optimization techniques.
· (Native) Dutch speaker.
Interested? Mail to [email protected]
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
About Nixxes Software B.V.
Nixxes Software BV is a group of highly experienced game technology programmers. The company was founded in August 1999 and has since specialised in helping other game developers and publishers making the best out of their game content.
We do this either by:
- Bringing high quality conversions to other platforms, both console and PC.
- Assisting in getting a game out faster and better.
- And by working with studios to build technology that helps people make better games.
Over the past 15 years we have worked with machines varying from the Sony PlayStation and Sega Dreamcast to current-gen and next-platforms platforms. In addition we have a long history working with PC conversion projects and we are currently developing new technology for PS4 and Xbox One.
We strive to completely understand every platform we work on, and use this knowledge to get the best out of games. This way the game teams can focus on getting the best possible content, while we push the machines to make it all run well. We've worked on several products since we started, which you can find more information about in our projects section. We encourage you to try out these games, and we hope you will have as much fun playing them as we had working on them.