Springlab is an innovative social enterprise with a big passion for gaming and technology. We create software, products and games that stimulate an active lifestyle. Springlab is known for the creation of The Magic Table for people with dementia and Moon Trees, innovative outdoor game for groups in adventure parcs. Currently Springlab is developing a new gaming platform to change the education system. Our mission is to make learning more active.
The platform uses motion tracking and haptic interfaces to stimulate play, movement and learning. The platform launches midst 2018. We are looking for a skilled game developer who willing to breath life into the games on this new platform. You will develop the games in a small team, meaning that you’ll have a good amount of ownership and the possibility to bring your own ideas to life. Plus create entirely new games on a entirely new learning platform for the educational system.
We are a small company with big thoughts and a scary Big Hairy Audicious Goal of reaching 500.000 children with our games in 2025. This means you will have a good amount ownership and the possibility to bring in your own ideas. Plus create an entire new gaming platform for the educational system with impact.
To meet our team, see the office and learn more watch the video below:
What we want you to do
- Program learning games on the new platform
- Program game and platform interfaces.
- Create innovative solutions to make games and the platform better
- Desired skills and experience
Work experience in developing games
- Extensive knowledge of Unity (C# / C++).
- You are familiar with game development and iterative design process.
- You are able to communicate and share programming ideas with the rest of the team.
Bonus skills and experience
- Experience with motion tracking or active gaming solutions
- You are familiar with designing serious games.
- A passion for physical activity, sports and games.
- You are curious about for the latest software and technology for gaming.
- You love to solve technical challenges.
- Fluent in written and spoken English or Dutch.
- You love playing games and being active.
What we offer
- Full time job (32-40 hours) starting in march / april
- A lot of prototyping & testing (we do monthly iterations with target audience)
- Dynamic assignments and workflow.
- Working in a small r&d team in a creative environment.
- The possibility to pursue your own ideas.
- A relaxed working environment with a healthy work-life balance.
- Suitable salary matching the experience.
- Office Location Utrecht (Utrecht Science Park).
- Free lunch and lots of table tennis
More about us
It’s the era of inactivity. Our lives have been designed in a way that movement is no longer a necessity. Technological solutions may seem nice, but they are mostly unhealthy. Why can’t technology be convenient and healthy at the same time? We want to counteract the trend of inactivity by creating healthier technological solutions for the 21st century society.
Solutions we created
Send your portfolio and motivation to [email protected]
For this vacancy we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU (no visa required).
Springlab is an innovative social enterprise. We create software, products and games that stimulate an active lifestyle. Springlab is known for the creation of The Magic Table for people with dementia and Moon Trees, innovative outdoor game for groups in adventure parcs.