Staramba SE is going beyond borders in the world of Virtual Reality. Our approach in revolutionizing social networking for celebrities and fans, is what we call Staramba.spaces. Our impressive, extensive database with thousands of digital avatars of celebrities, athletes and TV entertainment is the foundation for the next big thing in VR.
We are looking for a (Senior) 3D Character Artist (f/m) who is responsible for sculpting and creating lifelike, hi-res photorealistic characters from scratch and also scan data.
· Sculpting and creating lifelike, hi-res photorealistic characters from scan data and scratch
· Working closely with Animation and Technical departments
· Supporting and giving feedback to colleagues
· Identifying process improvements and increase department productivity
· Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines
· Minimum 3 years of experience in the game development industry as a Character Artist (Animation and Skinning Rigging skills
· Strong understanding of sculpting human form and anatomy
· Good modeling and texturing skills for a diverse visual range of characters
· Ability to work effectively within game design and tech constrains
· Posing and creating expressions
· Knowledge of optimization – working with low resolution textures and low-poly game meshes
· Knowledge of PBR texturing
· Knowledge of photography and photogrammetry
· Setting up characters in Unreal Engine (Knowledge of scene set-up, shading, lighting)
· Software: ZBrush, Unreal Engine, Maya, Substance, Marvelous Designer, Perforce
· Good understanding of Light and Shading
· Thinking creatively and globally
· Good communication skills (German/English) and ability to work with other artists to solve production challenges
· Understanding Shader Properties + Epics Photorealistic Character Set-up
What we offer:
· An attractive remuneration with development prospects in an international company
· A self-dependent activity and challenge in a varied work environment
· Lots of space for participation and realization of own ideas
· Opportunity for training in new technology fields and topics
· A highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy and fast decisions
· Flexible working hours and free drinks
Ready for the next level? Email your application to [email protected] saying why you would be the perfect fit, salary expectations and earliest start date.
About Staramba SE
STARAMBA.spaces offers the unique experience to enjoy a concert of your favourite music band, be inspired by a training session with your sport idol or even explore your acting potential with icons of Hollywood.
We invite you to sign up as an Alpha tester to become one of the few chosen to get an exclusive, first glimpse into our unique VR world of photorealistic stars.
Places in the Alpha test of STARAMBA.spaces are limited but there will be further opportunities to participate in our closed Beta in March 2018 as well as the public Beta in June 2018. Stay tuned to our news by visiting our webiste and follow us on our social media channels (Facebook and Instagram).