At the core of our success are talented and passionate people. At Binkies 3D, we take pride in a culture where we strive to make an impact on the world while caring about each other’s wellbeing. We value open and honest communication, and we never stop learning and improving.
Whether it is serving over 700 million interactive content impressions per year, or building amazing content creation tools: real-time 3D graphics have always been a foundational part of everything we do. We want you to help us take our visual quality to the next level and innovate the way our users interact with our solutions.
This is a remote-friendly position open to developers living under a time zone that matches the Netherlands (Central European Time) or within less than a 2-hour difference.
In this role, you will
- Develop new materials/shaders in collaboration with our content team
- Profile and optimize graphics performance on various devices
- Maintain and improve our 3D engine: “Rembrandt”
- Maintain and improve our content creation tools: “Studio 3D” (external) and “Bakery” (internal)
- Research new technologies like WebXR, WebGPU, voxels, and raytracing
What you bring to the table
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Proficient in WebGL development (shaders, post-processing, textures, and buffers)
- Experience with TypeScript development in Visual Studio Code
- Good understanding of concepts like the render equation, PBR materials, raytracing, and voxels
- Experience with debugging graphics
- Enthusiastic about being a key part of a supportive, committed team!
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with SaaS/technology products & services
- Experience with continuous integration solutions
- Experience working for a start-up, grow-up or scale-up
- Experience with optimizing (game) graphics for web and multiple devices
- Feel for UX and graphic design
What we bring to the table
A comfortable and fun working environment:
- A unique chance to be part of a high-growth, successful scale-up
- Remote-friendly company: Work remotely from anywhere in the Netherlands, or from outside the Netherlands (on a freelance basis)
- Flexible working hours. Overlap with Dutch working hours is preferred
- Salary range: €3000-4000
- Paid self-development time: 4 hours a week (1.0 FTE) to spend on educational activities of your choice
- A good pension
- 25 paid vacation days
- Shiny new work setup (gaming/ultrabook laptop and 2 additional 27″ monitors)
- Free lunch at the office (there is such a thing) and tasty snacks
- An international team with many different nationalities
- Growth potential within the company; grow with us!
Our recruitment pipeline
As a first step, we would like to plan a short video call with you and the head of Development so that we can learn a bit about you and the things you have worked on.
The second step is that we invite you to spend half a day with us so that we can better understand the match of you and your experience with what we are looking for.
Eager to apply?
Please send us your CV and include one or more (side) projects. We would love to take a look at what you’ve created!
At Binkies, we welcome people from all backgrounds and walks of life. We thrive because of our commitment to ensuring everyone on our team feels respected and valued. We are dedicated to fostering a work environment that is friendly, open, and flexible —where everyone feels comfortable being themselves.
We continue to build our team with talented, passionate people. If you feel you don’t fully meet the job requirements but believe you may be a fit for our team, we encourage you to apply.
If you have any questions about the company or the vacancy, please reach out to Ranim Chaya ([email protected] or +31 15 711 2718).
No recruiters or employment agencies.
About Binkies 3D
Binkies 3D is an innovative scale-up serving over 50,000,000 3D views per month. We help retailers and manufacturers of consumer electronics shine a spotlight on their products, equipping companies with powerful tools to market and sell, and empowering consumers on their customer journeys. What motivates us is our desire to revolutionize the landscape of online retail, because we know firsthand the power of 3D to inform, engage, and inspire.
We are based in the Hague, the Netherlands, and serve a global client base of customers in over 30 countries. Behind the work we do is a talented team of international colleagues.