Do you have a track record in game development including a master’s degree? And do you have a passion for education? Guide our highly motivated students in becoming the leading specialists in the games industry! You will work in our top-rated Games master programme at the Academy for Games & Media of Breda University of Applied Sciences. We work together with industry partners and have alumni in leading game studios. You will be working near the city centre of Breda, on a green, sustainable and high-tech campus.
About this job
You will be teaching at our master programme Game Technology. This includes coaching and supervising our top students one-on-one on a weekly basis as well as support the organisation and delivery of the programme content. Because the programme has been attracting many enthusiastic students, the master’s programme has grown recently. Therefore, the emphasis in this position is on supporting the growth of the programme, including the development of course content, curriculum renewal, and strategic partnerships with national and international relationships with relevant industry and academic partners.
You will work closely together in a small team of fellow lecturers where you’ll be given the freedom to perform your role as you see fit. With this position, you get the opportunity to guide and support smart, highly committed and creative people in the process of becoming leading specialists in art, programming, or design and in R&D.
What do we ask of you?
- You have a track record in game development and hold a master’s degree;
- You preferably have teaching experience and are familiar with modern educational views;
- You have a passion for the combination of Research and Development in the field of games and related media;
- Candidates who can contribute to subjects such as Research Methodology and/or Project management have our special interest;
- You will be working in an international and intercultural setting and having excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are a necessity.
What do we offer?
- The salary for this position amounts to a monthly minimum of € 3,881.09 and a monthly maximum of € 5,332.48 (gross amounts based on full-time employment);
- This position is classified in scale 11 of the cao-hbo (collective labour agreement);
- The position is a permanent position. We will start with an appointment for one year. In the case of good performance and unchanged organisational
- circumstances, a permanent appointment will follow;
- Your commuting expenses will be fully reimbursed if you travel by public transport;
- You will receive an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% and an 8% holiday allowance;
- You will receive compensation for health insurance;
- You will also be awarded professional development hours every year and approximately eleven weeks of holiday entitlements for a full-time position;
- You will be working on a green, sustainable campus near the city centre of Breda;
- Moving from abroad to Breda in the Netherlands? We provide support and financial compensation in the case of relocation and settling-in in the Netherlands. Dutch tax authorities may offer tax reduction to applicants from abroad (which makes tax rates comparable to the UK and US).
The application process
Please send us your application in English before 19 October 2022 via the online application form (see link on this page). Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact Thomas Buijtenweg at [email protected] for questions about the job itself, or [email protected] for questions about the application process. You will receive a reply to your application two weeks after the closing date at the latest. Job interviews will be held on campus with three staff members.
If you already have an account on our website, you can log in and apply for this position directly. The information in your profile will be used for your application which will save you time filing it. Among candidates with equal qualifications and experience, preference will be given to the internal candidate.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
About Breda University of Applied Sciences
Breda University of Applied Sciences is an independent and international higher education institute, specialising in the disciplines of Built Environment, Data Science & AI, Facility, Games, Hotel, Leisure & Events, Logistics, Media, Tourism.
Breda University of Applied Sciences (hereinafter referred to as BUas) is committed to making a contribution to our globalising society by training young people to become responsible professionals – in cooperation with the international industries. Furthermore, BUas aims to create a stimulating workplace for both students and staff, to enable them to integrate knowledge and skills, to develop their talents to the fullest and apply these to society in a professional and responsible manner.
The Academy for Games & Media offers bachelor’s and master’s programmes in Creative Media & Game Technology (CMGT), Creative Business (CB) and Applied Data Science & Artificial Intelligence (ADS&AI).
The CMGT programme is a programme teaching all aspects of game development. The CB programme is a management study programme with focus on how media concepts work, what the media trends are and how to make your own media products. The academy also offers a Master in Media Innovation as well as a Master in Game Technology.
Our programmes are rated highly in both national and international league tables (National Student Survey, Elsevier and Princeton ranking) because of their professional orientation as well as the quality and experience of our staff. The staff of the academy are recruited from all over the world (e.g. USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Italy, Belgium, and the Netherlands) and all courses are taught in English.