Codeglue is looking for talented, creative game artists to complete their development team. Students with a passion for video games and game design are invited to apply. Note that this is an opening for students!
What kind of interns are we looking for? Here are some pointers from our designers:
- Since we are a small team, versatility is a must. We like people who can combine 2D and 3D skills and can assist in every aspect of game art creation, from sketching to concept art and from modeling and UV mapping to texturing.
- A good combination between skills in game art and game design is also appreciated. It’s not just about being able to make beautiful art, creativity and a certain level of insight into game design is also very important.
- Skills in relevant applications are appreciated. We work with Maya and Photoshop so skills and knowledge of those software packages is a must.
- A flexible style. We work with different visual styles and methods all the time. This is quite a big thing to demand from students but if you can adapt your art to fit different visual styles, you are that much more valuable to a company.
- The more original your portfolio, the better. The gaming industry has a certain number of clichés that everybody seems to cling on to. While this is fine for a starting artist, having some truly creative and original art in your portfolio will make you stand out more!
- A well designed portfolio does wonders! Put some time in your portfolio because we can see when you do! Put it in a nice .pdf or create a killer website! Make sure we can open everything you do send us and that all your pictures have a decent resolution.
Now, don’t go running for the hills if this doesn’t describe you in detail! To be honest, finding somebody that has all these qualities is rare. If even one of the above properties describes you or if you think you are just so good that we need to see your portfolio anyway, please contact us! We look at every application and portfolio seriously! Please submit your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Codeglue is a small independent Dutch game studio that creates games with a focus on pure simple and original gameplay. As a tech-savvy company, Codeglue combines helping other indie studios bring their games to new platforms with developing our own original IP. We are currently working on our own 4v4 online battle arena game called Antegods and recently we also created the smartphone and 3DS versions of indie-hit Terraria.