Senior Product Manager Games (32-40 hours)
We are in search of an enthusiastic and proactive Senior Product Manager who is ready to take ownership and make a difference in a dynamic and growing Amsterdam based game company.
What will you do as a Senior Product Manager at CoolGames? (Your key responsibilities)
Team collaboration and communication
As a PM, you will work collaboratively on design, testing and LiveOps of games that are developed by CoolGames’ own in-house studio. You are able to clearly communicate roadmaps, backlogs and decisions back to the teams and help with creating understanding and buy-in for the commercial goals and creative vision of the game
Player and target audience focus
You make sure that the game meets the expectations and needs of our players, by solving user problems and continuously shipping high quality updates to existing products and working on new products in the pipeline.
Data driven approach
You feel comfortable with reading and analyzing data about game performance. If you wake up in the middle of the night, you probably know the most important game KPIs by heart. This enables you to make informed data driven decisions to maximize player engagement and the commercial potential of your games and products.
As a PM, you’re a spider in the web and need to engage with many other teams and disciplines, including Producers, Game Designers, Developers and Artists as well as company leadership responsible for the business performance and overall company strategy. And regularly you will need to interact with external stakeholders such platform owners or famous IP licensees.
P&L view including roadmaps
You ensure that the right balance of commercial and creative is maintained in order to prioritize the future of the roadmap and ensure smooth operations with Live players, and the Product as a Business.
As part of the ownership of P&L for the products, you are setting the course for the future by prioritizing effectively and with resource allocation efficiency, including knowledge of processes and dependencies of Production
What is our ideal candidate? (Your profile)
– 5 – 10 years of relevant experience in similar roles;
– Experience in initiating, executing and running (LiveOps) of game projects;
– Experience with agile development methods in a cross-functional teams;
– Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written;
– An organized, detail oriented and self-motivated personality who likes to take ownership intrinsically;
– A pragmatic mindset and ability to motivate individuals and teams;
– Strong customer focus with proven track record of building products from MVP to product using insights from tracking, user testing and A/B tests;
– Very good analytical skills with the ability to use data to backup ideas and assumptions, develop insights and recommendations and define and measure success metrics;
– A demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once;
– Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment, with a strong willingness and ability to eliminate ambiguity and execute;
– Experience as Producer / Project Manager roles in games development is a plus;
What do we offer? (Benefits)
CoolGames offers you a challenging job with a broad responsibility and an attractive compensation package:
– A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary;
– Company pension plan and travel cost compensation;
– Health care insurance compensation;
– Sports allowance and access to a gym inside the office;
– An attractive office location in the historic center of Amsterdam;
– High-end MacBook Pro or Windows laptop;
– An open, informal and international company culture;
– We can assist with immigration requirements, visas and establishing yourself in Amsterdam and The Netherlands.
CoolGames is a casual and social games specialized company in the always changing and hyper dynamic games industry. Our office is located in a historical canal house in the center of Amsterdam, but we are flexible to discuss partial working from home or from a different location.
You will work in an international environment with young and enthusiastic colleagues from all over the world. Your colleagues design and create high quality games based on HTML5 technology for the post app-store world. The company has released many successful titles before, with millions of happy players, including games based on world famous IP such as Angry Birds, Monopoly, Tetris and Battleship.
CoolGames is a medium sized game studio with flat management layers and direct communication lines. We encourage our colleagues to take ownership and really make a change where they can. You will work in an open and an informal team with a pleasant working environment.