FRONT-END GAME DEVELOPER
Are you looking to work in a large game studio where different types of games and platforms are catered for? Are you looking to work with the latest technology, talented game designers and high quality graphics artists to create visually attractive and fun casual games?
Are you looking to use your wide range of technology knowledge to create efficient developer tools that improve the overall workflow?
Then we are surely looking for you!
* To implement small size casual games from beginning to end
* To take ownership of these game features and systems, working closely together with the tech lead to make it fit the complete codebase and working closely together with the designers and artists to identify the technical constraints based on their creative guidance
* Translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the game. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the game looks as well as how it works
* Passionate about new web technologies and actively integrating those to improve the team’s workflow
* To analyze problems and debug them to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
* To constantly take performance into account so our games and experiences can keep running at a smooth framerate
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* You have gone through several web projects from start to finish and thus have proper understanding of all the basic concepts and general workflow with good knowledge and appreciation of web standards
* Designing rich responsive content to create the best experience on each platform
* You have worked with at least one HTML5 game framework, such as Phaser 3
* It is a clear bonus if you have already created HTML5 games build on top of Canvas and WebGL before
* Technical and communicative at the same time
* Excited by the potential of new technology
* Permitted to work in the EU
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A culture that values a healthy work-life balance
* Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam
* Flexible working hours
* Benefits according to experience and job
* 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
* A healthy lunch buffet with regular hot meals and specials
* 30% Income tax ruling for eligible expats
* Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
* Free pension plan
* Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
* Group activities and an annual VR game jam
* Friday afternoon drinks
* The latest VR hardware which you can borrow and take home
About Force Field Entertainment
Force Field is one of the world’s largest development studios dedicated solely to developing state of the art Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), creating high-end games, innovative TV & video content, unique interactive experiences and groundbreaking applications.
Force Field is looking for the best creative talent to help us develop to help us develop the next generation of these new forms of digital content. Come join our international team in the center of Amsterdam.