Principal 3D Animator
We are Force Field, an award winning and industry leader in the development of VR games and experiences. Are you up for the challenge of boosting our animation team?
As we kick off development of our most ambitious AAA project to date, featuring realistic combat action and characters, we want to recruit a seasoned animation expert that can aid us in our mission to redefine the quality bar of mobile VR.
To make this happen we need you!
You are a game industry veteran who has expert understanding of realistic human and creature animation and in-depth knowledge of a Maya to Unreal Engine 4 pipeline. You excel at creating and implementing state of the art mo-cap and hand-keyed animations, blend shapes, setting up blend trees and tweaking them to perfection.
You are an inspirational leader who mentors the animation team, and effortlessly collaborates with artists, designers and programmers. You champion will animation across the studio and use it to leverage overall visual quality of our products.
* Boost Force Field’s animation capability to become an industry leader;
* Create benchmark creature, character and object animations;
* Collaborate across discipline to define our animation pipeline from rigging and animating in Maya to creation of Animation Blueprints and State Machines in UE4;
* Set the animation style whilst maintaining the right balance between aesthetics and gameplay;
* Push to adopt new and innovative tools, pipeline improvements and workflow optimizations;
* Motivate and mentor the animation team to be hungry for growth in artistic and technical ability.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Excellent eye for core animation principles (timing, weight etc.);
* Knowledge of both hand keyed and motion/facial captured animation;
* Capable of different animation styles (realistic and cartoony);
* Strong knowledge of character animation within UE4;
* Advanced rigging & skinning knowledge in Maya;
* Demonstrable experience of creative and technical leadership on a AAA product.
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Working knowledge of VR development and its unique challenges;
* Modeling & texturing knowledge (to advice 3D modelers on deformation);
* Experienced with automated rigging tools in Maya.
* You are an ambitious and experienced senior, lead or principal 3D game animator;
* You are creative, yet organized;
* You’ve experienced at least three full production cycles on a high-quality game project in a similar role;
* You’ve shipped at least one AAA title in a similar role.
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A culture that values a healthy work-life balance;
* Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam;
* Flexible working hours;
* Benefits according to experience and job;
* 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more;
* A healthy lunch buffet with regular hot meals and specials;
* 30% Income tax ruling for eligible expats;
* Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation;
* Free pension plan;
* Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam;
* Group activities and an annual VR game jam;
* Friday afternoon drinks;
* The latest VR hardware which you can borrow and take home.
About Force Field Entertainment
Force Field History
Force Field was created in 2015 when Vanguard Games merged with a VR startup. The company is led by two industry veterans, Chief Creative Officer Martin de Ronde (Co-Founder of Guerilla Games and Founder of One Big Game) and CEO Arthur Houtman (with prior executive roles at Atari and Disney).
Martin and Arthur both have a passion for immersive technologies such as VR and AR; they are convinced that these technologies will play an increasingly important role in the future of entertainment. Led by this vision, they have shaped Force Field into one of the world’s leading studios in VR/AR games and experiences production.
Over the first 4 years of Force Field’s existence the company has launched more than 10 consumer projects, all receiving critical acclaim and winning many international awards