Would you like to be responsible for the infrastructure in a groundbreaking VR games studio? Do you like setting up and maintaining computer systems with the widest range of specs you can imagine. Do you want to install, configure, operate and maintain all the hardware and software in a triple A games studio?
Do you like figuring out the best possible custom solutions for large IT and infrastructure challenges like storing and backing up large amounts of data, monitoring all systems and automated processes, migrating to other versions of our core software systems, maintaining a stable wi-fi network for our wide range of mobile devices and troubleshooting performance problems and other issues?
Do you like working together with the developers of our spectacular VR games and experiences, in order to help further automate their processes, warning them on systems and processes that are at risk and take care of all their IT needs?
Then we are surely looking for you!
* To be the main person responsible for setup/installation and maintenance of computer systems within the company, including client, server and VR game development systems and the monitoring thereof. Servers that store all our game data, to servers that constantly build and test new versions of the games and check on their performance
* Working closely together with our development teams, to better understand their needs and action on them to help them focus on their core work
* Work with our IT manager and external IT companies in order to maintain and manage our servers, network and infrastructure
* Management of development hardware, like VR hardware and console development kits
* Maximize efficiency and workflow of our studio by using Windows, Outlook, Perforce, Confluence, JIRA, and such
* Troubleshooting IT issues through our JIRA issue tracking system
* Purchase of hardware in conjunction with the construction of custom systems
* Purchase of software in conjunction with license and support management
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* You have previous experience as a System Administrator
* Knowledge of the Windows Server Environment, including Exchange Server
* Knowledge of computer networking systems
* Knowledge of Windows clients, both hardware and software
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Experience with graphical, game development and/or VR development-related hardware and software
* Knowledge of Mac OS, Linux, iOS and/or Android
* A passion for video games
* Hands-on, tech-savvy and eager to learn
* Service-oriented approach with the ability to handle multiple issues at once
* Ability and passion for working in a team environment, a team player with good social skills
* Willing to work at flexible times when required
* Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A culture that values a healthy work-life balance
* Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam
* Flexible working hours
* Benefits according to experience and job
* 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
* A healthy lunch buffet with regular hot meals and specials
* 30% Income tax ruling for eligible expats
* Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
* Free pension plan
* Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
* Group activities and an annual VR game jam
* Friday afternoon drinks
* The latest VR hardware which you can borrow and take home
About Force Field Entertainment
Force Field is one of the world’s largest development studios dedicated solely to developing state of the art Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), creating high-end games, innovative TV & video content, unique interactive experiences and groundbreaking applications.
Force Field is looking for the best creative talent to help us develop to help us develop the next generation of these new forms of digital content. Come join our international team in the center of Amsterdam.