The Creative Department Manager has the high-level objective to maintain and help grow Force Field’s creative talent to the highest possible level, as well as having responsibility of studio-wide tasks related to the creative disciplines (Art, Design, Audio).
The Creative Department Manager reports to the Operations Director and works closely with all the project leads and the HR department.
- Creative Teamo Final responsibility for the evaluation and performance reviews of artists, designers and audio personnelo Coaching and personal/performance development of artists, designers and audio personnelo Recruitment of artists, designers and audio personnel
o Project assignment of artists, designers and audio personnel
o Direct management of company-wide creative personnel, like audio manager, marketing artist, etc.
- Company-wide Responsibilitieso Managing outsourcing of art, design and audio worko Estimation of work for potential future projectso Supervision of processes, software and hardware for art, design and audio work across the projects
o Assistance to the art and design team leads/primaries where required
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years’ experience in game development, having worked closely with art and design teams
- Knowledge of the different creative disciplines, their processes and their pipelines
- Experience in managing and evaluating people
- Recruitment experience
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Art outsourcing experience
- Experience working as a digital artist or game designer
- Project management / Production experience
- Affinity with virtual and/or augmented reality
- Drive to improve the skills and capabilities of creative people in game development, both in the short and longer term
- Have an eye for quality work and quality people
- EU citizen or eligible to work in the EU
About Force Field VR
ABOUT FORCE FIELD VR
Force Field is one of the world’s largest development studios dedicated solely to developing state of the art Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), creating high-end games, innovative TV & video content, unique interactive experiences and groundbreaking applications.
Force Field is looking for the best creative talent to help us develop to help us develop the next generation of these new forms of digital content. Come join our international team in the center of Amsterdam.