As a QA Tester you will be responsible for running day to day test cases and requests, assuring quality and compliance of our games across multiple platforms and projects.
Testers will report, manage and track bugs through our bug tracking systems in a clear and consistent format, adding supporting evidence and examples that better highlight the issue. As part of the QA department you’ll work closely with the development teams to ensure that tests are completed in accordance with milestones.
You are proactive with a keen attention to detail and driven to thoroughly test as well as examine all parts of gameplay and experiences, from the functional mechanics to the overall user experience. You possess excellent communication skills and are able to isolate bugs and determine a solid reproduction method.
- Conduct usability, functionality, performance, load and qualitative tests
- Methodically execute general and specific test plans to ensure proper testing of all features and aspects of the games
- Proactively identify, chase and assist in the resolution of critical issues in the build at all times
- Share knowledge with the rest of the testing team
- Monitor and effectively utilize bug tracking databases
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 2 years of Quality Assurance experience in games development
- Experience in working with test plans
- Previous experience working with bug tracking databases
- Solid understanding of game play mechanics
- Strong bug and build status reporting skills
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with development on multiple platforms, with VR as an added bonus
- Good knowledge of UE4
- Familiar with compliance testing on various platforms
HOW ABOUT YOU AS A PERSON?
- You’re able to prioritize your time and manage your daily tasks
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills
- You are able to clearly communicate in English
- You stay cool under pressure and are able to efficiently prioritize workload accordingly to upcoming deadlines
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues
- Working with new state of the art unreleased hardware and software
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge
- Benefits according to experience and job
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam
- A healthy work-life balance
For this vacancy we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU (no visa required).
About Force Field VR
ABOUT FORCE FIELD VR
Force Field is one of the world’s largest development studios dedicated solely to developing state of the art Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), creating high-end games, innovative TV & video content, unique interactive experiences and groundbreaking applications.
Force Field is looking for the best creative talent to help us develop to help us develop the next generation of these new forms of digital content. Come join our international team in the center of Amsterdam.