Making the world a better place, one step at a time. That’s what we do at GainPlay Studio.
GainPlay Studio is located on the thriving DotSlash campus in Utrecht. We are specialized in developing serious games and applications in the fields of healthcare, sustainability and education. Our products combine creativity and scientific insights on a broad range of subject matter. This results in our games beating the alternative for user friendliness and effectiveness time and time again. Take a look at our portfolio.
We are a small team looking for a new programmer to be involved in all stages of game development. At GainPlay Studio we pride ourselves in having an informal atmosphere for all team members.
Do you want to help us create this better world bit by bit? We have a position for a Unity Game Programmer open right now!
About the role
As a programmer at GainPlay Studio you are co-responsible for bringing your own and our designers creative ideas to life. You see the challenge in finding the leanest, fastest way to achieve your goals. You are capable of communicating about your work in a clear and concise manner so that even non-programmers can understand you. At GainPlay we develop tailormade games and applications. This means, as a programmer, you will be part of the process from start to finish. From scoping to bug fixing, you’re in it. This requires a willingness to learn and broaden your scope with every project we face.
- Experience with Unity and C#
- Experience with PHP and/or MySQL or open to learn
- Able to work 4-5 days per week (hybrid working is our standard)
- Fluent in English or Dutch
- If non-native Dutch; proficient in the Dutch language
- Knowledge on Xcode
- Knowledge on Firebase
- Experience developing on the Oculus VR framework
- Experience working with Google Cardboard VR
- An agile mindset
- Sense of humor
What we offer / what to expect
- To become part of a small, enthusiastic, hard-working, close knit team of game developers
- Hybrid work environment with 40% in office 60% at home
- Travel expenses are covered
- 30 days off in addition to the National holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Partake in hilarious Jackbox-nights and our Minecraft Realm
How do I apply?
If you’re interested in working with us at GainPlay Studio please send a resume, portfolio, code sample that you’re proud of and motivation to [email protected] If you have any questions in regards to this position feel free to contact the same e-mail.