Galaxy Grove is a new game studio in Utrecht, Netherlands, specialising in high quality 3D management and building games (entertainment games, not applied/serious games). Our games have a strong atmosphere, striking art and unique, intuitive gameplay. We are currently a team of 5 people and we plan to release our first game in 2023. Galaxy Grove is founded and led by award winning game industry veteran Joost van Dongen (Awesomenauts, Swords & Soldiers, Blightbound, Robo Maestro, Proun, Cello Fortress, De Blob).
We’re looking for a C++ programmer. As a programmer, you’ll work in a small flexible team on our newest games, including our unannounced new train building game. For a glimpse of the kind of style we’re doing, have a look at the header art on galaxy-grove.com. You’ll work in Unreal (C++ and Blueprint) on a variety of coding topics, including procedural level generation, optimisation, graphics, simulation, systems and tools. You’ll also be involved in the games and company as a whole, like joining in playtests and brainstorms.
Galaxy Grove is an inclusive game studio where everyone with a passion for making great games is welcome. We believe in helping each other get better at our craft, in learning new skills, and in a healthy work-life balance where overtime and crunch are avoided.
- Skilled with C++
- Writes clean, readable and maintainable code
- Good at communicating in English
- Able to work 32-40 hours per week
- Doesn’t need a visa to work in the Netherlands (if you have an EU passport you don’t need a visa)
- Experience with Unreal
- Shipped a game
- Experience with procedural generation, parallelisation and/or optimisation
- Passionate about making great games
- This is a hybrid job, with Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday working from the Galaxy Grove office in Utrecht. The other days can be either working from home or from the office, depending on your preference.
Be sure to provide a CV and cover letter as well as at least one code sample (consisting of a number of related classes, showing your skills with C++ and with Unreal).
To apply, please send an email to [email protected]