Galaxy Grove is a new game studio in Utrecht, Netherlands, specialising in high quality 3D management and building games (entertainment games, not applied/serious games). Our games have a strong atmosphere, striking art and unique, intuitive gameplay. We plan to grow to around 7 people this Autumn and to release our first game in 2023. Galaxy Grove is founded and led by award winning game industry veteran Joost van Dongen (Awesomenauts, Swords & Soldiers, Blightbound, Robo Maestro, Proun, Cello Fortress, De Blob).
As a senior producer / studio manager you will run the studio together with its founder, Joost van Dongen. Galaxy Grove is a small studio, so we’re looking for someone who is flexible and can wear a lot of hats. You’ll be responsible for core producer tasks like planning, sprint management, internal communication, keeping track of production and communicating with outsourcing partners. You’ll also handle many other tasks, like HR, team well-being, business development, communicating with external stakeholders, the office, financial administration, applying for grants, community management, social media and pitching to publishers and investors.
Galaxy Grove is an ambitious studio with plans to grow a lot further in the coming years. As the studio grows you’ll be able to specialise more in the fields you are most passionate about. Depending on how well it’s going, this might in the long run mean growing into the role of CEO, including shares in the company.
Galaxy Grove is an inclusive game studio where everyone with a passion for making great games is welcome. We believe in helping each other get better at our craft, in learning new skills, and in a healthy work-life balance where overtime and crunch are avoided.
- At least 5 years of professional experience as producer and/or manager
- Shipped at least one commercial title
- Understands the processes behind making games
- Has a “can do” attitude
- Pro-active, takes the initiative
- Great at communicating
- Cares for the well-begin of everyone on the team
- Good at navigating a large amount of small tasks
- Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work 32-40 hours per week
- Experience with pitching to publishers and/or investors
- Experience with financial administration
- Experience with community management
- Good Dutch communication skills, both written and verbal
This is a hybrid job, with at least 3 days per week working from the Galaxy Grove office in Utrecht. The other days can be either working from home or from the office, depending on your preference.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]