We are looking for a fulltime Creative Developer to join our AR team in Amsterdam. In this role, you’ll work on interactive demos and develop full-blown AR masterpieces. Your day-to-day will consist of balancing on the cutting edge of AR development for mobile. You will closely collaborate with our 2D & 3D (concept)artists and claim your part in our AR production pipeline.
As such, you’ll be an integral part of our Design Department, contributing to the conceptual development of our projects and taking a creative approach whilst understanding the technical constraints of the medium. You may even call yourself a Technical Artist if you like.
The role is 40 hours per week and based in our amazing Amsterdam office, but you can also work from home if you like – just one of the many perks you can expect from a young, progressive and social first-agency.
- You are a highly motivated Creative Developer and AR Enthousiast with a portfolio demonstrating your ability to make beautiful things in Real-time.
- You have proven Lens Studio and Spark AR experience (Reactive programming experience is a pre).
- You’re a pro at generating graphics, animation and visual effects through code.
- You have proven experience creating AR game concepts.
- You know some the basics of 3D asset creation (Maya, Blender, C4D or similar).
- You are familiar with a Physically Based Rendering approach to 3D graphics. (you might even know some Substance Painter tricks)
- You have Jedi-like control over common and obscure audio, video, vector and 3D file formats.
- Adobe Creative suite has no secrets for you anymore, you are a particular pro at Photoshop & Illustrator and have knowledge of a 3D package such as Blender, Cinema 4D or Maya
The ace(s) up your sleeve
- Experience working on video game development in Unreal, Unity or similar engines
- Expertise in 3D content creation (modelling, texturing, rigging and/or animating)
- You have a weird hobby nobody has ever heard of, but is instantly mesmerised by.
- You don’t mind jabbering on for hours about immersive media (and an occasional obscure technical paper).
Perks, perks, perks
- Healthy lunch every day!
- Weekly boot camp
- We have a boat, we use it
- A beautiful office overlooking the water and Amsterdams botanical gardens
- We pay overtime
- Work from everywhere
- Room (and time) to learn, experiment & grow!
- A young and talented team
This position requires an EU work permit
Do you have any questions? Please feel free to reach out, we will be happy to answer every last one of them!
We are GoSpooky. An incredibly fast-moving bunch of unconventional storytellers, social media superstars and slam-dunking creatives. We know all things internet culture and create scroll-stopping content people actually want to share. We are the artistic nerds, the tech wranglers and the world builders and we are always on the lookout for what's new.
So here’s the thing. We’re constantly on the hunt for like-minded talent – folks that live for inventing and executing awesome ideas. We need people who aren’t afraid to try new things, the ones who spot a new feature in the morning and have it implemented by the afternoon. We love passionate designers and video creators, disruptive artists and illustrators, and people who can shake up social media. And we don’t care if you’re just out of school or have years of experience.
So, wanna join us? Whether you’re a self-taught Lens Creator or a seasoned Game Developer, if you have the skills to make those crazy ideas in your head come to life, we’d love to meet you!