Full-time permanent role. Remote possible.
Happy Volcano is looking for an experienced Unity programmer to complement our existing programming team; to work on our current game “You Suck At Parking”, as well as other future projects. Being comfortable diving into existing code bases is crucial, however You Suck At Parking will be a live “Game as a Service” game, meaning you’ll be part of plenty of new features and gameplay elements. We’re looking for a programmer with a strong affinity for well thought out architecture and a self motivating attitude.
You Suck at Parking is a multiplayer game, running on Photon Quantum, and planned for release on all major platforms. While networking experience is not a requirement for this role; we would highly value experience on working on multiplayer games, as well as having worked on console games.
You will be a respected and crucial part of our team.
- Implementing new gameplay features
- Maintaining and expanding on existing features
- Performance optimization
- Taking ownership of console implementation and maintenance
- Fixing bugs
- We’re a small studio and value collaboration across teams and disciplines. You’ll be expected to work well with the whole team.
- You’ll be a proactive and positive contributor and support your team.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Unity programmer
- Excellent C# design -and programming skills
- You pride yourself on writing clean, robust code
- You know how to optimize code for performance
- You’re an excellent communicator
- You are able to legally work full-time in Belgium or full-time contract work from your country of residence
- You are able to work remotely during core Central European Time
Nice to have
- Experience on multiplayer games
- Experience with console development
- Familiarity with agile practices
- If you don’t fit all criteria, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What Happy Volcano can offer you
- A competitive salary adjustable to the cost of living for where you’re based
- The opportunity to work in a growing team of enthusiasts
- Opportunities to continue your professional development
- Fully remote studio indefinitely with an option to work from our offices in Belgium
- 21 days of paid time off per year minimum. On top of that, the studio is closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Official government holidays from the country you reside in
- Healthy work/life balance
- A flexible work schedule.
We encourage marginalized and people from underrepresented groups to apply.
About Happy Volcano
Happy Volcano is the leading creative game studio behind the award-winning You Suck at Parking, as well as critically acclaimed narrative exploration game The Almost Gone. We are a well-funded studio, backed by Hiro Capital and games legend Sir Ian Livingstone.
Our team consists of a mix of full-time and contract employees located in Belgium or ±2hrs from CET. Working remotely allows us to be more flexible.
We are excited to grow our team and are working on a few really fun games. We’re building a studio that puts the team first and is welcoming, collaborative, no-crunch, and inclusive. We pride ourselves on making quality entertainment games with mass appeal.