Iceberg Interactive is looking to add a motivated and organized Game Producer to our growing Production team and help us to promote our exciting range of video games on PC and consoles.
Based just outside Amsterdam, The Netherlands, the successful candidate will be an integral part of a growing independent publisher with a diverse portfolio including recent successes such as the Circle Empires series, King of Retail and Blazing Sails.
This is a central role within the organization, being the main interface between our external development teams and the internal marketing and sales departments.
The producer is responsible for monitoring the progress of the games in development, based on milestone schedules, and must ensure a timely delivery of both development builds and marketing assets. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of videogames and their development processes, including working with console platform submission processes. The Producer should be able to accurately judge if a game in development is on schedule and if the development adheres to the game design document. On top of that, the producer will ensure that every game, patch or update that is released, is of high quality. The producer will work together closely with the Business Development Director and the Production team.
The successful candidate will have experience of evaluating external product pitches as well as external work-for-hire teams. As the situation improves, you will be required to pay regular external site visits, to evaluate products in development, as well as inspecting potential new development partners. You will also be required to supervise freelance developers and artists currently working on an internal project, and track and report progress to the management.
- Maintaining close contact with external development partners and interested internal teams.
- Contracting with third-party Studios and Freelancers to work on our games.
- Drawing up and managing Development and Publishing budgets together with Team Leads and Developers.
- Monitoring and tracking the progress of the games in development, on several platforms.
- Managing and streamlining Console submissions and Certification.
- Contributing to improving existing game design/UI/UX.
- Synchronise the efforts of marketing, sales and game development.
- Organising the processes of internal and External Quality Assurance teams and open and closed Beta’s.
- Ensuring that all software released by Iceberg meets the highest standards.
- A candidate who has a true passion for games (PC and Console)
- 3+ Years of experience in the games industry.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Great communicator with a proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, and support
- Experience with Jira/Trello/Discord and Google Docs/Drive/
- The candidate must have a problem-solving attitude and a healthy interest in the games industry as a whole.
Bonus attributes (non-essential)
- Based in “de Randstad” area in The Netherlands.
- Experience with multiplatform releases.
- Experience with Unreal or Unity engine.
- A love for First Person Shooters or Team based Multiplayer games on PC or Console.
- Experience with Streaming video on Twitch, or broadcasting recordings on YouTube.
- A Steam profile that simply blows us away.
- Informal environment of passionate gamers offering opportunities for personal development and for contributing ideas.
- An open culture and trust-based working hours.
- An opportunity to benefit from the experience of industry veterans.
- A network of partnering developers from around the world.
- A broad spectrum of game genres on different platforms.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package
Please provide your application documents (Cover letter and CV) in English.
NOTE: Due to the ongoing pandemic, this role will start remotely but you will eventually be required to work on site in our office in the city of Haarlem (10 miles from Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam) once it is safe to do so.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Located in Haarlem, The Netherlands and staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an assembly of game developers around the world, both midsize and indie.