Who we are
We are Lucky Kat, an award-winning mobile game studio with a mission to entertain the world by building gameplay-first experiences in the metaverse. Our games have over 200 million downloads on the App Stores and our first sold-out NFT project “Panzerdogs” is currently a top 10 Solana gaming project.
About the team
We started as a humble team of 2 ambitious creatives and have grown to a team of 20+ people from all over the world. By applying first principle thinking and being output-driven, we’ve been able to solve a variety of challenges and stay ahead of the curve in the fast-changing games industry. We value autonomy, ownership, team effort, and most of all, a good heart and a good dose of humor in our people.
We are a passionate group of gamers who are obsessed with delivering innovative and user-friendly game experiences. Get to know us a bit more here on our team page.
About the role
As a Game Designer, you will be at the core of Lucky Kat’s development process, leveraging your passion for games, and knowledge of what makes players ‘tick’, in order to shape and form initial ideas into fully realized and interconnected gameplay concepts and systems. In a project, you will hold the vision for the gameplay and game systems, working with all axis of the development team in order to design and document systems and mechanics that are compelling, fun, and balanced, with a strong focus on user experience.
Generalist skills are welcome and valued, many of our team are multi-role, operating across multiple fields in order to make a strong impact on the final product, so show us what secret weapons you’ve got up your sleeves!
Please note that we require candidates to be on location at our office in The Hague, The Netherlands.
- Communicate and work closely with design, development, and product teams in order to design and create cohesive game systems and mechanics.
- Make data-driven decisions about game systems and mechanics in order to improve key performance indicators.
- Create and maintain design documents and other game system documentation, in order to maintain a clear vision of the holistic game design.
- Work to maintain balance within complex game systems, through work with data scientists.
- Work on schedule, set clear goals, meet deadlines
Requirements – Must have
- An unshakable passion for games.
- Strong understanding of Mobile/Free-To-Play game mechanics and design.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and analysis skills.
- A robust understanding of what makes games fun for players, with the ability to identify and communicate the strengths and weaknesses of existing and conceptual designs.
- Documented professional game development experience with a strong/primary focus on UX and game system design.
Nice to haves
- An innate curiosity and passion to learn new skills.
- Prior understanding of ‘Play-And-Earn’ mechanics and requirements.
- Versatility, can adapt and move quickly.
- An opportunity to build together on the next exciting wave of gaming and entertainment in web3 and to make a real impact
- Make a great impact on a variety of projects and work autonomously
- Work with talented team members
- Real relevant work experience
- A healthy and ambitious international environment
- Opportunity for further growth within the company
- Get a unique limited Lucky Kat NFT as a starting employee