For a new 9 month project Paladin is looking for an all-round 3D Artist
As an all-round 3D artist you create characters, environment assets and props for our games. You translate concept art to 3D models that are tangible and full of life. You continuously apply clever solutions to get the most out of the restrictions that come with 3D game development.
- Deliver 3D models that fit with the game’s design and concept art
- Implementation of 3D assets in Unity
- Create assets that are setup in a non-destructive and highly iterative way
- Create textures, special effects, and other supporting assets that enhance the game’s 3D visuals
ROLE BASED SKILLS
- Modelling, unwrapping and texturing of 3D models
- Work with your art discipline to improve the quality and processes
- Eye for depth, volume, proportions, color, silhouette and readability
- Able to create textures in a wide variety of styles and techniques
- Knowledge of edge flow and deformation for skinned characters
- Knowledge of low-poly hard surface modeling techniques
- Knowledge of baking normal map data from high poly source meshes
- Proactively provide and ask feedback from your colleagues
- Work in an organised way according to the company best practices
- Experience with GitHub repositories
- Creativity: You are able to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions and adopt out of the box points of view.
- Accountability: You take responsibility for your own actions, those of colleagues and the organization and stimulate others to do the same.
- Flexibility: You have the ability to change your behavioral style and/or views in order to reach a certain goal.
- Initiative: You have the ability to recognize and create opportunities and to act accordingly. Rather starting something than waiting passively for it to happen.
- You are experienced in working with Unity’s game art pipeline
- You are comfortable with using Unity, Autodesk Maya, and Adobe Photoshop
- You read, write and speak excellent English
- You are willing & able to work at our basecamp in The Hague when required
- You are able to work 32-40 hours per week
- Being able to do 3D rigging/animation is a plus
- Being able to create effects using Unity’s Effects Graph is a plus
- Being able to use node based shader editors is a plus
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Adventure: We go off the beaten track
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form. First come, first serve. Please link to your portfolio and CV or add them as attachments.
About Paladin Studios
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35 knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form here. First come, first serve.
Some of our recent games include: