As a Concept Artist you create the visual style for our upcoming games and provide concepts for our art production team. You are able to adapt to a wide variation of styles and bring in the expertise that will help our games to stand out.
- Create a unique, high quality visual style for our games
- Create mood boards and sketches to determine the look and feel of scenes, with a focus on lighting, shapes and coloring
- Create model sheets and paint-overs for in-game assets
What we are looking for
- Experience with creating unique and stylized art
- Ability to create convincing characters within the game context
- A laser sharp focus on style, shape and color exploration
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Organized way of working in file and folder structures
What could help
- General understanding of the game art pipeline
- Experience with Agile development
- Any additional experience in art & game development. We’d love to hear the way you imagine those skills can contribute to this role.
- Creativity: You come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions
- Accountability: You take responsibility and stimulate others to do the same
- Improve: You seek to improve yourself and the people you work with
- Initiative: You recognize and create opportunities
- 3+ years experience of creating (game) concept art
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or similar software
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bonus: Having training in traditional arts and art history
Are you qualified?
We would much rather read your application, than miss out on a great candidate. So please apply if you are interested!
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship: We are in this together
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team
- Positive, healthy work environment
- 25 days of vacation and 5 additional national holidays per year
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- Remote work possibilities & flexible hours
- Competitive salary, a pension plan and other benefits
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility.
About Paladin Studios
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35+ knights, and our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form here. First come, first serve.
Some of our recent games include: