We are looking for a versatile problem solver who thrives in a growing and changing environment. Someone who is a technology generalist, who loves a challenge and collaborating with other members of the game development teams. As dev-ops engineer you will have freedom to innovate to ensure maximum uptime, stability, and performance across our game portfolio.
You will work closely with our game development teams to manage deployments and ensure that critical systems are functioning effectively and consistently. The technical scope is broad and includes server-side and multiple client-side games across many platforms.
- Champion continuously improving the quality of game development and testing
- Collaborate with game developers, artists, QA and other cross-functional teams
- Develop and automate highly repeatable processes using Unity, open source tools and custom code
- Work closely with game dev engineers to create and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Monitor online services and take actions to ensure SLAs are met or exceeded
- Create and maintain documentation on systems architecture, processes, workflows and playbooks
- Administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on cloud services
- Improve current pipelines and streamline these between projects
- A strong passion for making games
- Interest in working towards high quality standards and following best practices
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Basic understanding of Unity
- Experience with test suites, continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with Jenkins, GitHub and JIRA
- Understanding of containers and container-based services
- Adaptable to new scripting languages
- Troubleshooting methodologies
Any additional experience and knowledge in game development, automation, cloud services and solutions are a plus. We’d love to hear the way you imagine those skills can contribute to this role.
- Insight: You have and gain insight into situations, problems and processes. You deconstruct problems and systematically investigate the various components. You have a complete picture of the context and overview of the whole problem.
- Accountability: You take responsibility for your own actions, those of colleagues and the organization and stimulate others to do the same.
- Flexibility: You have the ability to change your behavioral style and/or views in order to reach a certain goal.
- Initiative: You have the ability to recognize and create opportunities and to act accordingly. Rather starting something than waiting passively for it to happen.
- 3 years of DevOps experience
- Strong focus on business outcomes and a service provider attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship: We are in this together
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
About Paladin Studios
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35+ knights, and our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form here. First come, first serve.
Some of our recent games include: