We are looking for an experienced developer with a passion for game architecture. Someone who thrives in a changing and growing environment, and works together to solve problems and create scalable solutions.
- Work closely with art, design and production to design, plan and implement systems and tools to bring the vision of the game alive
- Champion code quality, scalability, stability, and performance across our game portfolio
- Design, develop and iterate on game systems in greenfield and legacy projects
- Take ownership over the tech-stack and support in finding technical solutions for new projects
- Interpret design requirements and the studio’s technical aspirations
- Mentor developers regarding best practices, code reviews and knowledge sharing
- Collaborate with the company wide tech team and promote cross-project cooperation
- Support in estimating scope for features and projects
- Excellent C# programming skills
- Understanding of readable, robust code and best practices
- Understanding of programming patterns and how to apply them
- Understanding of debugging, performance monitoring and optimization
- Experience with writing clear, concise and accurate technical documentation
- The ability to summarize complex topics both verbally and in writing
- Experience using source control systems and tools
- Understanding of game development processes and tools
- Familiarity with recent versions of Unity
- An up to date knowledge of industry trends
- Experience with mobile development for Android and iOS (Android Studio, XCode), console development and experience with platform certification processes
- Understanding of client / server communication and data serialization
- Experience with build automation and build scripts i.e. Jenkins, Ant, Make, Bash etc.
- Experience with integrating third-party API’s and SDK’s into an existing codebase
- Insight: You have and gain insight into situations, problems and processes. You deconstruct problems and systematically investigate the various components. You have a complete picture of the context and overview of the whole problem
- Accountability: You take responsibility for your own actions, those of colleagues and the organization and stimulate others to do the same
- Flexibility: You have the ability to change your behavioral style and/or views in order to reach a certain goal.
- Initiative: You have the ability to recognize and create opportunities and to act accordingly. Rather starting something than waiting passively for it to happen.
- A strong passion for making games
- 8+ years experience in programming
- 5+ years experience with Unity development with at least 1 game published
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship: We are in this together
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
About Paladin Studios
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35+ knights, and our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form here. First come, first serve.
Some of our recent games include: