We are looking for a strong Developer that thrives in a growing and changing environment. Someone who loves a challenge, solving problems and collaborating with other members of the game development team. As a Developer you will be programming gameplay elements and help create a robust, fun gameplay experience for our players.
Work closely with art, design and production to design, plan and implement gameplay features, systems and tools to bring the vision of the game alive
Champion game quality and dedicated to improving game-feel to raise the quality of the game
Implement new features on green-field projects and legacy alike
- Excellent programming skills (preferably C#) with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practices
- Understand what makes game interactions “fun”, and focus on this as a core goal
- Interpreting design requirements as well as the studio’s creative aspirations
- Experience working in a game studio
- Strong understanding of game development tooling and processes, art workflow, performance optimization and memory management
- Experience with implementation of GUI graphics, animation, controls for a perfect polished game feel
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience using source control systems such as Git
- Familiarity with recent versions of Unity and up to date knowledge of industry trends
- Understanding of 2D and 3D animation principles.
- Experience with mobile development (Android/iOS) ,console development and experience with platform certification processes
- Experience with build automation and build scripts i.e. Jenkins, Ant, Make etc.
- Experience with integrating third-party tools into an existing codebase
- Experience interacting with and improving legacy codebases
- Insight: You have and gain insight into situations, problems and processes. You deconstruct problems and systematically investigate the various components. You have a complete picture of the context and overview of the whole problem
- Accountability: You take responsibility for your own actions, those of colleagues and the organisation and stimulate others to do the same.
- Flexibility: You have the ability to change your behavioral style and/or views in order to reach a certain goal.
- Initiative: You have the ability to recognize and create opportunities and to act accordingly. Rather starting something than waiting passively for it to happen.
- You have a strong passion for making games
- You have at least 3 years experience with game development in Unity C# (Gameplay, GUI, Tools programming)
- You have at least one shipped title – any platform
- You read, write and speak excellent English
- You are able to work 32-40 hours per week
- You are willing & able to work at our basecamp in The Hague when required
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Adventure: We go off the beaten track
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
About Paladin Studios
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35 knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form here. First come, first serve.
Some of our recent games include: