For a new 9 month project Paladin is looking for a Freelance Concept Artist
As a Concept Artist you create the visual style for our upcoming game and provide detailed concepts for our art production team. Next to having a unique personal style, you bring expertise that will make our games stand out from the crowd.
- Create a unique, high quality visual style for our upcoming game
- Create mood boards and sketches to determine the look and feel of scenes, with a focus on lighting, coloring and the high concept
- Create detailed model sheets and paint-overs for in-game assets
- Work with the team to deliver on sprint commitments
ROLE BASED SKILLS
- Expertise in creating top quality concept art
- Colorful and sophisticated art style
- Proactively give and ask for feedback
- Work well in multidisciplinary Scrum Teams (10 – 20 members)
- Create accurate time estimates for art asset creation
- Understanding of the game art pipeline, from concept art to modelling and implementation
- Work in an organised way according to the company guidelines and processes
- Creativity: You are able to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions and adopt out of the box points of view.
- Accountability: You take responsibility for your own actions, those of colleagues and the organization and stimulate others to do the same.
- Flexibility: You have the ability to change your behavioral style and/or views in order to reach a certain goal.
- Initiative: You have the ability to recognize and create opportunities and to act accordingly. Rather starting something than waiting passively for it to happen.
- You have at least 5 years experience with creating (game) concept art
- You have demonstrable experience with creating unique and stylized art
- You have excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or similar software
- You read, write and speak excellent English
- You are willing & able to work at our basecamp in The Hague when required
- You are able to work 32-40 hours per week
- Being able to use of 3D to help with designs is a plus
- Having training in traditional arts and art history is a plus
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Adventure: We go off the beaten track
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form. First come, first serve. Please link to your portfolio and CV or add them as attachments.
About Paladin Studios
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35 knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form here. First come, first serve.
Some of our recent games include: