As Quality Assurance Tester, you are part of the QA Process and Team. You work closely with several agile development teams. You support them with providing insights and feedback on the output of sprints and milestone deliveries. Your QA activities helps the development teams to correct issues while they’re hot. You continuously help them to achieve rock-solid stability, functionality, performance, consistency and overall integrity in our games. Your QA process fits in an agile framework, and is a true time, cost and headache saver for the development teams.
- Hands-on testing and bug hunting
- Collaboration with development teams on integration of QA in the development process
- Accurate, timely and insightful reporting of issues
- Creation of QA processes, tools and solutions
- Coordination with the development teams and other testers
ROLE BASED COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of testing methodologies (user tests, regression tests, usability tests, etc.)
- Interest for mobile game development and the unique challenges it brings
- Experience with testing tools and defect management
- Highly structured and an analytical mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A strong passion for making and playing games
- 1+ years of experience in QA (either software or game development)
- Knowledge of QA methodologies
- Experienced with agile methodologies and iterative development
- 32+ hours a week availability at our studio in The Hague
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills in English (C2 level). Understanding of Dutch is a plus
Paladin has six core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Synergy: We combine our individual strengths to achieve our goals.
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis.
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved.
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work.
- Adventure: We go off the beaten tracks.
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions.
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We work in autonomous development teams of 6-12 people. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly round table meetings, all aspects of the company are discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
For more information, see paladinstudios.com and paladinstudios.com/blog.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer based in The Hague, The Netherlands. We are a team of 40+ knights, and growing fast. Our mission is to create games with a spark for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!
- Amazing Katamari Damacy – Endless roller based on the cult hit
- Momonga Pinball Adventures – An epic pinball adventure
- Galaga Wars – The classic arcade hit re-imagined
We are working on several new exciting games. Onward to ever more adventures!
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form here.
About Paladin Studios
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin. Paladin is a game developer based in The Hague, The Netherlands. We are a team of 40+ knights, and growing fast. Our mission is to create games with a spark for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes. For more information please visit www.paladinstudios.com/jobs!
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form here. First come, first serve. Please link to your portfolio and CV, or add them as attachments.