To support our growth and nurture our relationship with European players, we are building an European publishing team in Amsterdam. You will join a lean but dedicated team working across multiple communities, platforms and games such as Black Desert, Shadow Arena and upcoming releases such as Crimson Desert, DokeV and Plan 8.
Pearl Abyss strives to improve the quality of the game development and services to ultimately serve the happiness of our gamers, which matters most to us. As gamers ourselves, we want to build a fun and exciting gaming community all around the world for Black Desert and our upcoming titles. We hope to bring the best MMO experience with the best service quality possible to all of our players. Now with over 40 million registered players for Black Desert on PC, console and mobile platforms worldwide and for our upcoming launches on other game platforms, we’re looking for passionate and vision-driven gamers to help exceed our community’s expectations.
We’re looking to hire a highly motivated Live-Service Game Master (German, French and Spanish). The highest priority for this role is to continuously monitor the game live-service, to collect in-game issues and player feedback, and to engage players by designing and executing in-game GM events. GMs will be actively interacting with the players both in game and in the community, working closely with the community managers.
As a Live-Service GM at Pearl Abyss, you will:
- Monitor and regularly report on the live-service issues and the players
- Respond to the live game issues that occur in the game and write up
appropriate notices when necessary
- Assist creating weekly/monthly GM events plan and executing them during
- Work closely with other GMs, Customer Support and Community Managers to
solicit feedback and suggestions for the game improvement from the
- Stay up-to-date on the latest game updates to be able to support the player
- Perform investigation and documentation on the game exploits, bugs and
other serious technical issues in the game
- Review customer support ticket answers and further investigate reported issues and take actions when necessary
What We Are Looking For:
- Native-level fluency in French (multiple vacancies) or Portuguese / Fluent English language skills
- Minimum 2 years of work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience; especially in CS, QA, live-ops community management, or related field
- Extensive knowledge and gameplay experience of MMORPG games, experience with Black Desert Online preferred
- Prior experience/interactions with the gaming communities
- Technical knowledge of online game live service
- Strong customer service ethic and great inter-personal communication skills
- Creativity, curiosity, and a willingness to learn and grow
- Professional and mature demeanour along with strong time-management and
organisation skills for coordinating multiple initiatives and priorities
- In future International travel may be required for this position
- Avid Black Desert Online player
- Avid gamer in general
What do we need:
1. Cover Letter: Please include what games you are currently playing and what types of games/genre you enjoy
2. Resume: Please send via email to [email protected]
About Pearl Abyss
Best known for the MMORPG franchise Black Desert, Pearl Abyss is a leading developer in the game industry. Established in 2010, Pearl Abyss has since developed Black Desert for PC, mobile, and console, and Shadow Arena for PC and console. All of Pearl Abyss’ games are built on the company’s own proprietary engine and are renowned for their cutting-edge graphics. The company is also developing Crimson Desert, DokeV, and PLAN 8 and is poised to continue its growth through 2020 and maintain its position as one of Asia’s leaders in game development. More information about Pearl Abyss is available at: www.pearlabyss.com.