RageSquid is looking for a 3D animator living in the Netherlands with an affinity for animating human characters in an extreme sports context. You’ll be working with us on the successor of Descenders, our downhill mountain biking game. If you’re interested in fields beyond animation like: character modeling, prop modeling, 2D, or VFX, for example, we’re open to work around your interests and offer a diverse set of responsibilities depending on your skill set.
- Animate human characters.
- Work with programmers on implementing your animations in Unity.
- Contribute to the development and design of the successor of Descenders.
- Advanced understanding of tools involved in the animation process, from Maya to Unity.
- Ability to take and process feedback and work in an iterative environment.
- A certain level of seniority in the animation field. You’ll need to be able to tackle animation issues yourself.
- Proficiency in the English language (Brabants is a plus).
- Able to work a 3 to 5 day work week in our office in Tilburg (partially remote is an option).
- Able to work independently. You’ll be the lead of your own projects.
- A degree in a relevant field. Demonstrable skills are however much more important.
- Shipped product(s). To demonstrate having witnessed the process from concept to launched product.
- Affinity with extreme sports.
- We’re preferably looking for a flexible animator who likes to take on a second role as well. Character modeling, 2D, or VFX, for example.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US
- Become part of an international team of 5-10 people.
- Positive work environment with flexible hours.
- Travel expenses covered.
- A ‘Beter Leven’ fund: a monthly budget for personal development or health.
- Competitive salary based on seniority and responsibilities. This includes pension and benefits.
- A minimum of 24 vacation days, all national holidays off (paid), and paid studio closure for 2-3 weeks around Christmas and New Year’s.
- Optional performance related bonuses.
- In-house pub and half-pipe.
To apply please send a CV and portfolio to [email protected] Please also mention what you’re looking for in this job in terms of tasks and responsibilities so that we can see if we can align our wishes.