RageSquid is looking for a technical Unity programmer. You’ll be working with us on the successor of Descenders, our downhill mountain biking game. We’re looking for a programmer with a particular interest in topics like for example multiplayer systems, graphics coding, physics, or porting. If this sounds like you, we’re looking forward to meeting you!
- Ability to take on varied self-contained tasks and carry all of the responsibilities that come with those tasks. You’ll be running your own projects inside of the bigger project.
- Collaborate closely with designers, artists, and other programmers on tasks like graphics programming, multiplayer implementation, or porting to non-pc platforms.
- Contribute to the design and development of the successor of Descenders.
- Advanced understanding of the Unity game engine.
- High proficiency in c#.
- Interest and experience in the fields of either multiplayer, graphics, physics or console programming.
- Ability to take and process feedback and work in an iterative environment.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Able to work a 4 or 5 day work week. Partially remote is an option. Our office is based in Tilburg.
- Able to work independently. You’ll be the lead of your own projects.
- A degree in a relevant field. Demonstrable skills are however much more important.
- Shipped product(s). To demonstrate having witnessed the process from concept to launched product.
- Proficiency in the Dutch language.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US
- Become part of an international team of 5-10 people.
- Positive work environment with flexible hours.
- Travel expenses covered.
- A ‘Beter Leven’ fund: a monthly budget for personal development or health.
- Competitive salary based on seniority and responsibilities. This includes pension and benefits.
- A minimum of 24 vacation days, all national holidays off (paid), and paid studio closure for 2-3 weeks around Christmas and New Year’s.
- Optional performance related bonuses.
- In-house pub and half-pipe.
We feel it’s important to repeat that we’re looking for a programmer who takes initiative and works independently. Given the small size of our studio we’re in no position to look over your shoulder every step of the way. Because of this we’re looking for some level of demonstrable seniority, be it through a game release, years in the industry, or other means you may have to show us what you’re capable of.
To apply please send a CV and portfolio to [email protected]. Please also mention what you’re looking for in this job in terms of interests and responsibilities so that we can see if we can align our wishes.