RageSquid is looking for a Unity game programmer. You’ll be working with us on the successor of Descenders, our downhill mountain biking game. We’re looking for a programmer with a wide set of interests who likes taking on varied responsibilities. This includes topics like UI, back-end, gameplay systems, or tools, for example. You’ll also be part of the design process and brainstorm sessions.
- Ability to take on varied self-contained tasks and carry all of the responsibilities that come with those tasks. You’ll be running your own ‘projects’ inside of the bigger project.
- Collaborate closely with designers, artists, and other programmers on tasks like UI, back-end, or gameplay systems.
- Contribute to the development and design of the successor of Descenders.
- Advanced understanding of the Unity game engine.
- High proficiency in c#.
Ability to take and process feedback and work in an iterative environment.
- Proficiency in the English and Dutch languages.
- Able to work a 4 or 5 day work week in our office in Tilburg (partially remote is an option)
- Able to work independently. You’ll be the lead of your own projects.
- A degree in a relevant field. Demonstrable skills are however much more important.
- Shipped product(s). To demonstrate having witnessed the process from concept to launched product.
- Proficiency in the Dutch language.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US
- Become part of an international team of 5-10 people.
- Positive work environment with flexible hours.
- Travel expenses covered.
- A ‘Beter Leven’ fund: a monthly budget for personal development or health.
- Competitive salary based on seniority and responsibilities. This includes pension and benefits.
- A minimum of 24 vacation days, all national holidays off (paid), and paid studio closure for 2-3 weeks around Christmas and New Year’s.
- Optional performance related bonuses.
- In-house pub and half-pipe.
We feel it’s important to repeat that we’re looking for a programmer who takes initiative and works independently. Given the small size of our studio we’re in no position to guide you every step of the way. Because of this we’re looking for some level of demonstrable seniority, be it through a game release, years in the industry, or other means ways you may have to show us what you’re made of.
To apply please send a CV and portfolio to [email protected] Please also mention what you’re looking for in this job in terms of tasks and responsibilities so that we can see if we can align our wishes.