&ranj is looking for a visual designer, who can give our games and gamification solutions the right touch and has a clear vision on how the design of a product can help to change behavior.
You find it important to match the right style and medium for each assignment and have no problem designing for both 4-year-old pupils and corporate managers. Together with your team members you will work towards a concept that best suits the target group. From your expertise as a visual designer, you can contribute insights and features that make a project stronger and help to achieve the goal of a project: behavioral change. At &ranj you’re a bit of a ‘jack of all trades’, but of course you have your own preferences and are able to develop your own talents.
What does your day look like?
Your day usually starts with scrum meetings in small teams, together with game designers and developers. The lines are short, there is a horizontal structure. In ‘design threesomes’ you work together to quickly achieve results, which are immediately worked out by you and incorporated into the game. Later in the day you work methodically on the concept of a new game, and – for example – are in contact with an external visual designer, who has been added to the project for a specific task.
Above all, you present and argue your design decisions and are not afraid to give and receive feedback. You implement changes quickly or achieve results in sketches, mock ups or mood boards.
What we’re looking for:
- You understand that design is teamwork and that you get the best results with the input of others, including developers, domain experts and the customer.
- You translate briefings into a visual style or concept in no time.
- You have sufficient knowledge of video production, hardware and software, to run small projects independently and in large projects to manage external parties.
- Experience in the games industry is an advantage, especially in serious games.
- You want to improve the world, game by game.
Who are you?
- You have completed a relevant study (Bachelor level or higher).
- You are a master in Adobe CC.
- You have advanced experience in 3D max or Maya and also have knowledge of Blender and Unity.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- You are available for at least 32 hours per week.
- You have good language skills in both Dutch and English.
What we offer:
An informal working environment filled with ambition and creativity where everybody can be themselves. Next to working with a bunch of great colleagues, we offer you opportunities for personal and professional development. A good balance between ‘crunch time’ and ‘fun time’ is very important for us, and that’s what we do.
Sounds like you? Apply via our website: https://www.ranj.com/en/vacancies/medior-visual-designer/
or send your CV, cover letter and portfolio to: [email protected]
We have been achieving positive behavioral change through play for more than twenty years. We’re a close-knit team of creative souls, based in the harbor of Rotterdam, hoping to make a meaningful impact on the world through innovative game development. Founded twenty years ago by two passionate artists, we’ve grown to be a professional and progressive game studio. Combining forty ambitious individuals, our team possesses an incredible range of knowledge and skills that is applied to create the most innovative, playful methods of achieving behavioral change. Using our varied experiences gained in different parts of the industry, including education, healthcare and (large) business corporations, our versatile service is frequently put into practice both nationally and internationally.