Ronimo Games (the studio behind Awesomenauts and Swords & Soldiers) is looking for a 2D Environment Artist to join us in developing our awesome unannounced new game.
Ronimo focusses on making fun games that we’d like to play ourselves. We’re a medium size studio (currently 18 people) with an open culture: everyone gets to join in playtests and brainstorms and share ideas and feedback for how to make our games better and more fun. Our games are based on our own original IPs and are made using our own proprietary engine and tools.
Your role will be to:
- Create concepts and assets to create memorable environments that fit the overall direction and tone of the game.
- Breathe life into a universe, fleshing out the world for a brand-new IP.
- Effectively work with other team members to turn environment concepts into in-game assets.
- Adapt and iterate existing assets to finetune in-game atmosphere.
- Take technical constraints and limitations into account to suggest realistically achievable concepts.
You have a diploma in fine arts, game art-related programme, or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years of experience in concept art or environment art, in the game industry. Experience with 2D projects is a strong plus.
- Experience in creating 2D environments concepts
- Experience with photobashing techniques and knowledge of image composition
- Creativity in spades and an interest in creating fantastical worlds with interesting locations
- Proficiency in Photoshop, knowledge of 3D software is a plus
- Architectural, landscape and anatomical knowledge
- The ability to work in a small, multi-disciplinary team and interpret ideas and feedback from team members with various backgrounds
- Good communication skills and proficiency in the Dutch language, experience in working directly with other departments such as design or production
- A deep-rooted passion for videogames
What we offer:
- A market-conform salary
- An informal and open work environment full of game enthusiasts working together to make an awesome game
- A central location in Utrecht city centre
To apply, please send an email to [email protected] Be sure to include a CV, cover letter and portfolio link.
About Ronimo Games
Ronimo Games is the Utrecht-based company behind the award winning online multiplayer games Awesomenauts (Steam/PS4/PS3/X1/360), Swords & Soldiers (Wii/PS3/Steam/mobile) and Swords & Soldiers II (Steam/PS4/WiiU/Switch). The company was founded by the creators of the original concept for the critically acclaimed free-roaming feel-good game De Blob. Ronimo is currently 18 people strong. Ronimo specialises in high quality 2D games and has its own multi-platform engine and tools. Ronimo is a licensed developer for all current game consoles.