Ronimo Games is one of the leading game studios in the Netherlands. Located in the city centre of Utrecht, we create high-quality entertainment games for PC and consoles. Ronimo Games has developed the award-winning titles Swords & Soldiers (1 & 2), Awesomenauts, and Blightbound.
You will join the team as we continue to develop a brand-new IP, which is bringing our own wayward approach to creating games with unique genre twists. We are a tightly-knit mix of veterans that have worked at the studio for years and recruits that have recently joined the cause. We want to maintain our signature casual atmosphere where creative and technical creators can excel. Our drive comes from a passion for games, and the ambition to create awesome and truly unique gameplay experiences.
This is demonstrated in our open culture and the games that we make. We believe in what we do and are looking to grow the family to deliver our new, exciting IP. That is where you come in…
We’re looking for a C++ programmer to join us in developing our latest project.
As a C++ programmer, you will work in a multidisciplinary team and develop technology and features for our upcoming game. Our tech stack consists of Unity with C# and our deterministic online C++ core.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work closely with our designers to develop gameplay systems, such as player’s actions, enemy behaviour, and UI;
- Help other programmers to solve issues and collaborate to improve the quality of the product;
- Develop new tools to improve workflows for artists and designers;
- Be awesome!
- High proficiency in C++;
- Graduated in programming (at HBO or university level);
- Passionate about code quality;
- Passion for games;
- Excellent problem-solving and collaboration skills;
- Proficient in Dutch.
- Experience with current generation console development;
- Experience with console certification;
- Experience with network programming;
- Great communication skills;
- Experience with C#;
- Experience working with Unity.
This is a hybrid position, with at least 2 days per week working from the Ronimo studio in Utrecht. On the other days, you can work from home, or from the studio, depending on your preference. We offer compensation for working from home. Additionally, we offer a company lunch, pension plan, beefy hardware, end-of-the-week social activities, occasional team getaways, and a casual yet professional environment with a lot of flexibility.
To apply, please send an email to [email protected] before September 15th 2022. Be sure to include a CV, cover letter, and a code sample that shows your skills with object-oriented programming in Unity.
About Ronimo Games
Ronimo Games is a Utrecht, Netherlands-based games studio. We've built the award-winning online multiplayer games Awesomenauts (Steam/PS4/PS3/X1/360), Swords & Soldiers (Wii/PS3/Steam/mobile) and Swords & Soldiers II (Wii U), and Blightbound (Steam/PS4/X1).