We’re looking for a visual effects artist to join us in developing our awesome unannounced new game. As a visual effects artist, you will help create and contribute to the visual effects of our newest game. We are looking for team players who can thrive in a highly collaborative, and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Concept and create special effects, for example for attacks, impacts and special skills.
- Make the gameplay feel cool and powerful.
- Keep special effects readable, even in situations with lots of things happening simultaneously.
- Combine 2D and 3D, as well as frame-to-frame and particles.
- Make effects that fit our existing style.
- Keep performance in mind, including overdraw and texture memory.
- A diploma in animation, fine arts, game art-related programme or equivalent.
- Experience in creating special effects for games.
- Knowledge of animation and timing.
- Creativity in spades and an interest in creating awesome special effects.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, After Effects and/or Flash.
- The ability to work in a small, multi-disciplinary team and interpret ideas and feedback from team members with various backgrounds.
- Good communication skills and proficiency in the Dutch language.
- A passion for playing and making computer games.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in animation and special effects, preferably in the game industry.
- Experience with both 2D and 3D projects.
- Knowledge of 3D software.
What we offer
- A market-conform salary.
- An informal and open work environment full of game enthusiasts working together to make an awesome game.
- A central location in Utrecht city centre.
To apply, please send an email to [email protected] Be sure to include a CV, cover letter and portfolio link.
About Ronimo Games
Ronimo Games is the Utrecht-based company behind the award winning online multiplayer games Awesomenauts (Steam/PS4/PS3/X1/360), Swords & Soldiers (Wii/PS3/Steam/mobile) and Swords & Soldiers II (Steam/PS4/WiiU/Switch). The company was founded by the creators of the original concept for the critically acclaimed free-roaming feel-good game De Blob. Ronimo is currently 27 people strong. Ronimo specialises in high quality 2D games and has its own multi-platform engine and tools. Ronimo is a licensed developer for all current game consoles.