Ronimo Games creates games for consoles (such as PS4, XBoxOne, Switch) and PC, and is best known for the games Awesomenauts and Swords and Soldiers 2. Ronimo focusses on making fun games that we would like to play ourselves. We are a medium size studio (currently 21 people) with an open culture: everyone gets to join in playtests and brainstorms and share ideas and feedback. Our games are based on our own original IPs and are made using our own proprietary engine and tools.
We’re looking for a visual effects artist to join us in developing our awesome unannounced new game. As a visual effects artist, you will help create and contribute to the visual effects of our newest game. We are looking for team players who can thrive in a highly collaborative, and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Concept and create special effects, for example for attacks, impacts and special skills.
- Make the gameplay feel cool and powerful.
- Keep special effects readable, even in situations with lots of things happening simultaneously.
- Combine 2D and 3D, as well as frame-to-frame and particles.
- Make effects that fit our existing style.
- Keep performance in mind, including overdraw and texture memory.
- A diploma in animation, fine arts, game art-related programme or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in animation and special effects, preferably in the game industry.
- Experience in creating special effects for games.
- Knowledge of animation and timing.
- Creativity in spades and an interest in creating awesome special effects
- Proficiency in Photoshop, After Effects and/or Flash.
- The ability to work in a small, multi-disciplinary team and interpret ideas and feedback from team members with various backgrounds.
- Good communication skills and proficiency in the Dutch language.
- A passion for playing and making computer games.
- Experience with both 2D and 3D projects.
- Knowledge of 3D software.
What we offer
- A market-conform salary.
- An informal and open work environment full of game enthusiasts working together to make an awesome game.
- A central location in Utrecht city centre.
To apply, please send an email to [email protected] Be sure to include a CV, cover letter and portfolio link.
About Ronimo Games
Ronimo Games is the Utrecht-based company behind the award winning online multiplayer games Awesomenauts (Steam/PS4/PS3/X1/360), Swords & Soldiers (Wii/PS3/Steam/mobile) and Swords & Soldiers II (Steam/PS4/WiiU/Switch). The company was founded by the creators of the original concept for the critically acclaimed free-roaming feel-good game De Blob. Ronimo is currently 21 people strong. Ronimo specialises in high quality 2D games and has its own multi-platform engine and tools. Ronimo is a licensed developer for all current game consoles.