Why we need you!
In the past year we have released various games for our own interactive floor. A large number of new titles are planned for this year. You are indispensable for designing these games. We need your help with the development of new game characters, assets and items. Maybe it will be your characters that children play with every day!
What will you be doing?
Your main focus will be:
- You design original and fun game characters for our new games that connect to the experience of the target group of children.
- For our existing games you design new levels and worlds that stimulate the imagination of the target group.
- You develop additional game assets and items for both our existing and new games.
- You participate fully in our design team. Undoubtedly there will be challenging design jobs on your path that we cannot yet foresee. You also actively think along with us about concepts, styles, storylines and more.
You recognize yourself in the following profile:
- Photoshop, Illustrator or similar packages are familiar territory.
- You have experience with graphical design for games and developing your own game characters and assets (experience with animation is a plus).
- You are assertive and can independently take on (design) tasks.
- You are used to working iteratively and in collaboration with a team.
- Drawings are your way of communicating. If you have or hear a new idea, you can convert it into an appealing and comprehensible drawing in no time.
- You don’t want to get coffee. Make beautiful things.
- Our mission to get education moving appeals to you and motivates you to get the best out of yourself.
You will be available starting February 2020 for this internship.
You become an indispensable part of a small creative design and development team that is responsible for the entire development process within Springlab. We design and develop our own innovations and games.
Internship at Springlab
An internship at Springlab guarantees a dynamic, challenging internship with a lot of responsibility. You are involved from start to finish in the development of new innovations and games that make a social impact. You will receive a six-month contract from us for a minimum of four days a week, starting on 1 February 2019. We offer an internship allowance of € 350 per month plus travel allowance. We are really looking forward to seeing you!
You are still here?
Great! Apply now! Please, no lengthy letters, polished resumes or other forms of self-love 😉 We prefer to see a link to your portfolio and a short video of up to two minutes in which you present yourself and explain to us why we should invite you for a conversation. This way we get a much better impression of you. Is such a video really not for you? No worries, you can just do it in writing!
We are Springlab!
Sitting is the new smoking! According to the World Health Organization, a passive lifestyle has become one of the most common causes of death. This culture of sitting starts at school. Children spend a thousand hours per year sitting still in the classroom. Several articles, petitions, etc. made it to the media, but no real innovative solutions were found. That is why we are here.
Embodied learning is the future way to educate our kids. That is our dream. Learn by moving, playing and discovering. This is not only good for the mental and physical health of children; it also gives them self-confidence, improves their self-image, stimulates social interaction and ensures a better absorption of the curriculum. Enough reason for us to turn the world of education upside down!