At Steam Data Suite, we give game companies a fighting chance in an overcrowded Steam game store. We arm game developers and publishers with powerful tools to professionalize their business. Our toolbox helps in a variety of areas from sales reporting, marketing to market analysis.
Our aim is to help game companies stand out from the crowd and get the attention and revenue their games deserve.
This takes the shape of a web platform connected with various client-specific data sources, APIs and web scrapers. Ingredients: Django, Python, PostgreSQL and the obvious CSS, JS and HTML.
We are looking for an experienced engineer/programmer who can make sure our product continues to excel while we scale our business. You will inherit a codebase that is yours to improve and/or overhaul. Working with the founding members of the company, you’ll help grow the team by hiring talented engineers. We expect you to not only lead a small team of engineers but also create a healthy culture where they can excel at their tasks.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- You’ll write code and create awesome features for our clients.
- You will be managing and guiding a (small) development team to get stuff done.
- You’re responsible for defining and improving workflows and best practices for the team.
- You are responsible for the end result of the development side of the product; both back- and front-end.
- You are in charge of evolving the used tech and architecture to match needs and scale.
- You maintain, manage and optimize the company’s online infrastructure.
- You make sure the backlog of tasks is clearly defined at all times.
- You are part of the hiring team to get great engineers on board.
Required Experience & Skills
- You are a Python and Django guru.
- You know your ways around databases, like PostgreSQL, Redis, and Celery.
- You have experience in developing web applications.
- You are not shy to dive into an Ubuntu-based VPS.
- You are a team player, but you can also work independently and goal-oriented.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experience with statistics in Python, via packages like NumPy.
- Experience working with API’s(OAuth) and web scrapers.
- Great at math.
- Great at either Smash Bros or Halo.
Location: Amsterdam Area – Currently mostly from home due to COVID-19.
About Steam Data Suite
Steam Data Suite started out as an internal tool to help us manage our customers' needs in 2018. Since then the toolset has grown into a robust web service that we intend to offer to every developer and publisher on Steam. This year we are scaling up the team and releasing the product beyond our closed beta.
As a startup, we’re small, flexible, and fast-moving. We work as a functional team in which adding value for our customers is our primary focus. We have no deadlines and define our own KPIs. Our agile approach aims to give each member of the team autonomy and ownership of their work.
We’re building a company culture that is informal and flexible. We understand that work isn’t the only thing in your life. And as a startup, we can’t possibly provide all the amazing perks you get at an established international firm. But, together, we can find a balance that works for all of us. And as a thank you for joining us at this early stage, you’ll benefit from our profit-sharing program.