Our Community Manager is the voice of both our brand and the players of Horse Reality! You will manage all communication and our moderating team on a daily basis. You are a champ at managing a variety of tasks and don’t get stressed if something pops up that needs your immediate attention. You are a compassionate self-starter with positive energy!
Utrecht, Netherlands / Remote
Part-time / Full-time (24 or 32-hours)
Our game Horse Reality is loved by many, which is why our community, as well as our moderating team, keep growing. We need an experienced community manager to manage this and engage with both our community and our team of 25 volunteers.
You are a creative jack of all trades who understands that our friendly community is the foundation of Horse Reality. If we want to create an impact, we need to maintain a good relationship with them. They’re eager to know all our ins and outs, so your job is to keep them up to date while maintaining a friendly atmosphere in the game.
The same goes for our dedicated moderating team! They are an amazing bunch of players who are so involved with our game, that they decided to volunteer and help us out with a bunch of tasks. They may have questions on how to handle a certain situation or bring something to your attention that they deem is urgent.
What your day could look like:
- Human interaction on a daily basis — Be visibly online and active in-game and on Discord, representing our company. Both players and moderators won’t hesitate to reach out to you day and night.
- Moderator management — Build a relationship with our team of 25 volunteers and moderators, which you will manage, recruit, onboard and support. Set up monthly brainstorming and team building events with our volunteer and moderating team and inform them on a weekly basis.
- News updates — You set the tone in our bi-weekly news updates and make sure that all questions afterwards are answered in a timely manner.
- Community involvement — You identify issues and improvements in our community and are able to come up with the right solution when a problem is found in a grey area. You are continuously improving rules and moderating procedures, creating easy to follow guides and documenting any FAQs.
- Organize community events — Self-starting and taking the lead in organizing community events to engage with our players through all our channels.
- Provide game support — Monitor and respond to incoming emails in our support mail.
- Knowledge base documentation — You ensure community management guidelines and processes are documented along the way.
What we look for
- Community Management / Communication experience — Ideally 3+ years.
- Strong communication skills — Strong public speaker, able to communicate effectively while still being compassionate.
- Management skills — You have experience directly managing people and have the ability to coach, mentor and develop our moderating team, as well as interns.
- People person — When you see a new comment or reaction to something, you want to immediately reply. You enjoy commenting, mailing, calling and chatting on a daily basis.
- Strong reading and writing in English — Speaking Dutch and/or German is a plus.
- Professional and level-headed — You keep your head cool when dealing with aggression and are able to turn the tables around with your great attitude and writing.
- Self-starter — You embrace a challenge and take initiative. You can complete certain tasks without deliberation when that is required of you.
- Time manager — You are a task wizard and are able to jump from one task to the other, with the occasional incoming player or mod request, without getting stressed.
- Software skills — You are well-versed in Notion and/or Discord, or highly motivated to learn. Ideally, you have a knack for understanding new technologies quickly.
- On camera confidence and/or live stream experience
- Experience with customer service
- Experience with building a community on TikTok
- Affinity with sim games, horses and/or knowledge of equine colour genetics
What’s in it for you?
- ⏱️ 24 or 32-hour contract — divided in 4 or 5 days per week (inc. one Saturday per month)
- 💶 Compensation — Based on your educational level and/or experience
- 🌱 Hybrid working — Balance between working at our studio in Utrecht and WFH
- 🏝️ 25 vacation days — Based on a full-time basis.
- 🚆 Public transport card — When living in the Netherlands, outside of Utrecht city.
- 🏆 Extra perks — Learning budget, Christmas bonus and a company laptop
- 🐶 Bring your dog to work day — Every day!
We offer a high degree of freedom and responsibility. You take ownership of your assigned tasks and get to make a real impact in a small team.
Consider the above a baseline. Tell us your needs! We discuss the details of what would make you feel happy and empowered on a per-applicant basis.
Our selection procedure
Are you not entirely sure if you match the required skill set? Please make sure to apply and let us be the judge of that!
Make sure to add a motivational letter and your resume. We are very much looking forward to hearing from you.
Please apply here: https://deloryan.homerun.co/community-manager
About Studio Deloryan
Hi, we are Studio Deloryan
Crafting fun games with an educational twist, together. We dedicate time researching biology and colour genetics. Thanks to that knowledge, we built a game that allows you to breed pets that inherit genes in a realistic way.