SENIOR 3D – GENERALIST
A team of all trades.
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for a Senior 3D Generalist who has affinity with character art to join our 3D Art team! As a Senior 3D Generalist, you will create high quality artwork for our games and assist our Lead 3D Artists with your skills and knowledge in mentoring our junior and intermediate 3D Artists. You will be working as an overall generalist but you will also contribute to the character creation. Do you have experience with character art, do you have a portfolio that shows strong knowledge of advanced 3D modeling, texturing and shading and are you up for a new challenge? Then look no further, send us your application and you might become our new team member!
- Degree in Game Development, a formal Art education or equivalent education/experience
- 3+ years of experience while acting as a 3D Artist within the game industry
- Proficient with any major 3D software, preferably Blender, Maya or Zbrush
- Understanding of how to optimize art for game projects concerning mobile platforms (Android & iOS) and/or console development (Switch, Xbox one, PS4) and PC
- Able to work with different art styles
- Experience with creating high quality 3D models and textures
- Understanding of the needs of animation for proper geometry
- Experience with texturing in Substance Painter or Photoshop
- A strong understanding of the game development workflows and how they relate to character asset implementation into game engines
- Strong understanding of human body and facial anatomy and how this translates to game assets and topology
- Open for feedback from the art department and the technical department and able to process this feedback
- Able to set up a workflow that makes the workload manageable, ensures that deadlines will be met and will contribute to the overall planning of the project
- Self-motivated and able to perform under pressure
- Able and comfortable with transferring knowledge to the rest of the team
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- You’ve shipped at least one game while acting as a (senior) 3D Artist
- Experience with texturing in Substance Designer, Substance Painter or Photoshop
- Understanding of game engines pipelines, preferably UE4
- Understanding of shading and materials in UE4 or Unity3D
- You’re a quick learner when it comes to new 3D Art Creation techniques and how to apply these techniques
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
TEAM6 AS A COMPANY:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, we’d love to hear your input and vision!
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theatre
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio. For this position we only consider candidates that have a nationality from one of the countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA countries) or are already in possession of a permanent work permit which allows to work freely in the Netherlands (in this case the work permit will state “arbeid vrij toegestaan”)
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Please send your application (including resume and portfolio) to [email protected]
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!