Are you a bold Concept Artist with strong 2D illustration skills? Do you want to develop captivating game worlds where players can be immersed in for hundreds of hours? Hesitate no longer and apply!
Triumph Studios is looking for an on-site 2D Concept Artist to bolster its creative team. With our team of artists and creative leads, you’ll develop a stand-out look for our games. You’ll concept characters, environments and create in-game art and marketing-grade illustration work matching the artistic vision and gameplay of the game.
- Create characters and environments for our games, collaborating closely with game designers and creative leads.
- Craft detailed in-game art, ranging from small interface icons to full-screen illustrations.
- Contribute to Marketing assets.
- 5+ years experience creating 2D Art, including concept art and detailed marketing grade illustrations.
- Mastery of 2D art fundamentals: Anatomy, Composition, Lighting, Material Expression, Color Use, etc.
- You have a broad range of interests you can tap into: cultures from around the world, sci-fi, fantasy, symbolism.
- Strong creative process: information gathering, research, thumbnailing, detailing, and iterations.
- Expert in Photoshop
- Ability to adapt to, follow and help develop a variety of artistic styles.
- Ability to translate gameplay requirements into visual designs.
- Ability to estimate your tasks and collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Articulate in contextualizing decisions, communicating ideas and giving and receiving feedback
- Comfortable using English in spoken and written form
Nice to have
- A passion for the strategy game genre.
- Basic 3D skills to help with perspective and hard-surface assets.
- Competitive reward package with benefits, including yearly bonus based on Paradox Group performance, pension plan, commute expense reimbursement.
- Game access to the Paradox Library.
- Good work-life balance.
- A creative, friendly work environment.
- Become part of a focused and agile company with the benefits of large parent organization: knowledge and resource sharing, international company get-togethers.
Sounds good? Great! We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Triumph. Please write your application in English. Since we strive for a diverse and inclusive workplace, we highly encourage anyone, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think that you’d be a great addition to our team.
About Triumph Studios
The Company: Founded in 1997, Triumph Studios creates captivating strategy games that are renowned across the world. Having created the Age of Wonders® and Overlord® series, our games involve taking over the world one way or another, hence our name. But we're nice folks with a fun workplace, cooperating closely with our fans and parent company to create the immersive game experiences. Triumph is located in Delft, the Netherlands. We have been a part of Swedish publisher Paradox Interactive since 2017.
The Games: Our games feature deep mechanics, multiplayer features and combine elements from multiple genres. We want our games to tell personal stories that people share. Our in-house engine and tools empower both developers and fans in their creative efforts.
The Team: Working at Triumph Studios means becoming part of a friendly, proven team of professionals from multiple backgrounds. We offer the best of both worlds: a relatively small but growing studio (~30 people) where there is room for flexibility and autonomy, combined with support from the large 400+ person Paradox Interactive group.