Are you an enthusiastic and versatile 3D Artist with strong sculpting and modeling skills? Do you want to develop memorable game worlds, with interesting locations, lore and cultures that make a real impact on players? You’ve come to the right place!
Triumph Studios is looking for a 3D Artist to bolster its creative team. With our team of artists and creative leads, you’ll develop a stand-out look for our games. You’ll create a wide variety of 3D art matching the artistic vision and gameplay of our games.
- Create vibrant and immersive 3D game worlds and their modular building blocks (including environment art, and characters and their gear)
- Create structures (exterior and interior), natural terrain and props for our games, collaborating closely with the art team, but also with game designers and creative leads
- Setup pipelines, links to gameplay resources
- Set-dressing and lighting levels
- Craft detailed and readable assets
- 3+ years experience creating 3D Art
- Mastery of 3D art fundamentals: Composition, Set dressing, Lighting, Material Expression, etc.
- Expert in Maya or similar packages
- Experience with Zbrush or similar packages
- Strong lighting fundamentals
- Ability to create assets in a modular way (think Dungeon Construction Sets), kitbashing
- Ability to adapt to, follow and help develop a variety of artistic styles, but also fill in the blanks
- Experience with complex pipelines and modular assets
- Ability to estimate your tasks and collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Work in a structured, clean way
- Articulate in contextualizing decisions, communicating ideas and giving and receiving feedback
- You have a broad range of interests you can tap into: cultures from around the world, sci-fi, fantasy, symbolism
- Comfortable using English in spoken and written form
Nice to have
- A passion for the strategy game genre
- Knowledge of Substance Painter and Designer, Geoglyph/Worldmachine
- Basic understanding of particle creation
- Competitive reward package with benefits, including yearly bonus based on Paradox Group and studio performance, pension plan, commute expense reimbursement.
- Game access to the Paradox Library.
- Good work-life balance.
- A creative, friendly work environment.
- Become part of a focused and agile company with the benefits of large parent organization: knowledge and resource sharing, international company get-togethers.
As part of the recruitment process, you may be asked to perform a test.
Sounds good? Great! We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Triumph. Please write your application in English. Since we strive for a diverse and inclusive workplace, we highly encourage anyone, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think that you’d be a great addition to our team.
About Triumph Studios
The Company: Founded in 1997, Triumph Studios creates captivating strategy games that are renowned across the world. Having created the Age of Wonders® and Overlord® series, our games involve taking over the world one way or another, hence our name. But we're nice folks with a fun workplace, cooperating closely with our fans and parent company to create the immersive game experiences. Triumph is located in Delft, the Netherlands. We have been a part of Swedish publisher Paradox Interactive since 2017.
The Games: Our games feature deep mechanics, multiplayer features and combine elements from multiple genres. We want our games to tell personal stories that people share. Our in-house engine and tools empower both developers and fans in their creative efforts.
The Team: Working at Triumph Studios means becoming part of a friendly, proven team of professionals from multiple backgrounds. We offer the best of both worlds: a relatively small but growing studio (~30 people) where there is room for flexibility and autonomy, combined with support from the large 400+ person Paradox Interactive group.