Hey you, aren’t you that C++ strategy developer with a knack for design? Pssst, listen… we are looking for a dual class developer who has the ability to design strategy games’ intricate moving parts as well has the ability to bring them to life using C++ code. You will be an integral part of creating captivating fun strategy games that keep players engaged for years. Definitely something for you!
Triumph Studios is developing deep games with interactive storytelling in the strategy genre. As a C++ Strategy Game Developer you will work within a multidisciplinary team. Together with the team you care about quality and you’re motivated by the idea of our many fans around the world praising your work after release. You thrive in a creative environment where people around you love their jobs and the games we make.
- Design, prototype and code strategy game systems in C++
- Collaborate with team of coders and designers
- Solve interesting problems, from designing and building new systems from scratch to tool making and optimising features
- Build and maintain well-engineered C++ code with high levels of stability and performance.
- Continue to level-up as a programmer and designer by sharing knowledge through internal workshops and giving / receiving guidance and feedback with other team members.
- 6+ years of game programming experience
- Proficient in Visual Studio C++
- Proven strategy game development experience
- Strategy game fan
- Strong sense of independence and an ability to take long-term ownership of your features.
- A desire to continually learn and improve and help others do the same.
- Ability to estimate your tasks and collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Comfortable communicating with English, both written and spoken. Selling your ideas to others is an important part of your job.
Nice to have
- Experience in designing Strategy Games
- Competitive reward package with benefits, including yearly bonus based on Paradox Group performance, pension plan, commute expense reimbursement.
- Game access to the Paradox Library.
- Good work-life balance.
- A creative, friendly work environment.
- Become part of a focused and agile company with the benefits of large parent organization: knowledge and resource sharing, international company get-togethers.
Sounds good? Great! We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Triumph. Please write your application in English. Since we strive for a diverse and inclusive workplace, we highly encourage anyone, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think that you’d be a great addition to our team.
About Triumph Studios
The Company: Founded in 1997, Triumph Studios creates captivating strategy games that are renowned across the world. Having created the Age of Wonders® and Overlord® series, our games involve taking over the world one way or another, hence our name. But we're nice folks with a fun workplace, cooperating closely with our fans and parent company to create the immersive game experiences. Triumph is located in Delft, the Netherlands. We have been a part of Swedish publisher Paradox Interactive since 2017.
The Games: Our games feature deep mechanics, multiplayer features and combine elements from multiple genres. We want our games to tell personal stories that people share. Our in-house engine and tools empower both developers and fans in their creative efforts.
The Team: Working at Triumph Studios means becoming part of a friendly, proven team of professionals from multiple backgrounds. We offer the best of both worlds: a relatively small but growing studio (~30 people) where there is room for flexibility and autonomy, combined with support from the large 400+ person Paradox Interactive group.