Are you a teller of gripping tales in an interactive gaming environments? Do you have an understanding of what fans of sci-fi and fantasy like? And isn’t there anything better than combining your love for stories with games? Then you might be just the Narrative Designer that we are looking for!
Triumph Studios is developing deep games with interactive storytelling in the strategy genre. As a Narrative Designer you will work within a multidisciplinary team to design, write and script engaging interactive narrative experiences that are interwoven with gameplay, such as quest lines. You care about quality and you’re motivated by the idea of our many fans around the world praising your work after release. You thrive in a creative environment where people around you love their jobs and the games we make.
- Design, Write, and Script highly interactive narrative gameplay sequences, allowing players to experience their own story as they play.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to develop a captivating game world
- Provide feedback for the improvement of narrative tools and delivery methods.
- Write and maintain backstory documents describing our gaming world’s places and inhabitants. Guard consistency.
- Contribute to the wider spectrum of writing including bio’s, tutorials and manuals.
- Resolve scripting and in-game text bugs and issues in the game files as they arise.
- 5+ Years professional experience in narrative design or game design.
- Fluent in English with an excellent command of written American English.
- Ability to estimate your tasks and collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Experience with Scripting
- It’d be good if you have a fondness of strategy / RPG games: games where narrative is intertwined with gameplay.
- You will be working in a team where everyone supports each other and is given the freedom and responsibility to take charge of a task and deliver.
- Communication is important and we pay a lot of attention to the cultural fit. We want our employees to have a positive influence on other team members and a passion to support others.
- Competitive reward package with benefits, including yearly bonus based on Paradox Group performance, pension plan, commute expense reimbursement.
- Game access to the Paradox Library.
- Good work-life balance.
- A creative, friendly work environment.
- Become part of a focused and agile company with the benefits of large parent organization: knowledge and resource sharing, international company get-togethers.
Sounds good? Great! We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Triumph. Please write your application in English. Since we strive for a diverse and inclusive workplace, we highly encourage anyone, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think that you’d be a great addition to our team.
About Triumph Studios
The Company: Founded in 1997, Triumph Studios creates captivating strategy games that are renowned across the world. Having created the Age of Wonders® and Overlord® series, our games involve taking over the world one way or another, hence our name. But we're nice folks with a fun workplace, cooperating closely with our fans and parent company to create the immersive game experiences. Triumph is located in Delft, the Netherlands. We have been a part of Swedish publisher Paradox Interactive since 2017.
The Games: Our games feature deep mechanics, multiplayer features and combine elements from multiple genres. We want our games to tell personal stories that people share. Our in-house engine and tools empower both developers and fans in their creative efforts.
The Team: Working at Triumph Studios means becoming part of a friendly, proven team of professionals from multiple backgrounds. We offer the best of both worlds: a relatively small but growing studio (~30 people) where there is room for flexibility and autonomy, combined with support from the large 400+ person Paradox Interactive group.