We are Vertigo Studios, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world.
As our Amsterdam studio kicks off development of its most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise, we are looking to recruit an highly experienced Lead Game Producer who can aid us in our mission.
Vertigo Studios Amsterdam is looking for a highly experienced producer to lead the production of its upcoming Virtual Reality game development project. As an accomplished producer with AAA development experience you will manage an ambitious and complex game project to finish within budget, time and scope.
You understand the ins and outs of game development project management and will work together with the production team, the game director, the leads, and the rest of the team to deliver a high-end Virtual Reality experience.
* Lead the project’s production team and coaching of production staff
* Set up and monitor development plans and resource budgets
* Communication between team, management, and client
* Management of the development processes
* Risk and issue management
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* 10+ years’ experience in game production, having worked on multiple game projects, on multiple platforms
* Full production responsibility for a major game project, or sections thereof
* Production experience in AAA game development
* Solid understanding of game development and video game technologies, with experience in all phases of development
* Established communication, people, presentation, organizational and documentation skills
* Experience with agile development processes, specifically Scrum
* Highly skilled in the use of Excel, Jira and other project management tools
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Experience with Virtual Reality
* Outsourcing management experience
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
* Flexible working hours
* 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
* A healthy lunch in our canteen (when working from the office)
* 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
* Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
* Free pension plan
* Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
* Group activities and an annual VR game jam (also whilst working from home)
* Friday afternoon drinks (online)
* The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
* Whilst working from home we provide all the relevant hardware, budget for desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs
About Vertigo Studios Amsterdam
Force Field is now Vertigo Studios Amsterdam, part of the Vertigo Games Group the world’s largest VR games development and publishing company.
Vertigo Studios has operations in Rotterdam and Amsterdam together employing over 150 people spread over the 2 locations. Vertigo Studios Rotterdam is best known for VR hit Arizona Sunshine and the hotly anticipated AAA VR game After the Fall.
Vertigo Studios Amsterdam was founded in 2015. Its founders are game industry veterans having previously founded Guerilla Games (Kill Zone, Horizon Zero Dawn) and held executive positions at leading games companies such as Atari and Disney.
Our creative teams have been responsible for developing award winning VR Games and Experiences producing a wide range of top-quality projects. Our Core Technology team, working closely with leading hard and software companies, assures the studio stays at the forefront of the latest innovations in VR.
Now responding to the rapid growth of VR as a gaming platform the studio in Amsterdam is working on several AAA VR games and we are looking for the best creative talent to join us.
Come join our international team in the center of Amsterdam. Please take a look at our website to see our vacancies!