We are Vertigo Studios, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world.
As our Amsterdam studio kicks off development of its most ambitious project to date, a PSVR2 action shooter based on a global franchise, we are looking to recruit a seasoned Technical Artist who take a critical role in our talented team.
As the Principal Technical Artist within Vertigo Studios Amsterdam you’re responsible for creating and realizing opportunities to increase the visual appeal and performance of the graphics. Working in tandem with the art and tech leads you focus on researching and implementing new tools and techniques to drive up the quality of the content and the happiness of your colleagues using the toolchain.
Are you ready for the challenges of high-end AAA VR?
Then we want to hear from you!
* Drive improvements and maintain the toolchain for art asset creation and optimization that meet the team’s needs
* Innovate on techniques in asset creation that get the best visual results from the target platform
* To act as an inspiration for other technical artists in their growth
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* A solid understanding of rendering theory from cutting edge console to mobile
* Deep knowledge of e.g. Unreal Engine 4 blueprinting, materials, shaders, etc..
* An expert in optimization for both high end and mobile, from profiling to implementation
* Good communication skills, in English, across all disciplines and with team and management
* Strong technical insight; from content creation to getting it to run in a game
* An affinity with workflow optimization and knowledge of Python; writing scripts and tools that make life easier
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Substance Painter & Designer experience
* Highly experienced with Houdini
* Programming skills in C++ and/or C#
* Understanding of CGFX and/or HLSL shader languages
* Modeling and texturing abilities
* You are an effective communicator with management and the team
* You’re a proven innovator
* You can adapt to different visual styles
* You are organized and forward thinking
* You can iterate upon your designs autonomously or with limited support
* You are eligible to work in the EU
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
* Flexible working hours
* 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
* A healthy lunch in our canteen (when working from the office)
* 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
* Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
* Free pension plan
* Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
* Group activities and an annual VR game jam (also whilst working from home)
* Friday afternoon drinks (online)
* The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
* Whilst working from home we provide all the relevant hardware, budget for desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs
About Vertigo Studios Amsterdam
Force Field is now Vertigo Studios Amsterdam, part of the Vertigo Games Group the world’s largest VR games development and publishing company.
Vertigo Studios has operations in Rotterdam and Amsterdam together employing over 150 people spread over the 2 locations. Vertigo Studios Rotterdam is best known for VR hit Arizona Sunshine and the hotly anticipated AAA VR game After the Fall.
Vertigo Studios Amsterdam was founded in 2015. Its founders are game industry veterans having previously founded Guerilla Games (Kill Zone, Horizon Zero Dawn) and held executive positions at leading games companies such as Atari and Disney.
Our creative teams have been responsible for developing award winning VR Games and Experiences producing a wide range of top-quality projects. Our Core Technology team, working closely with leading hard and software companies, assures the studio stays at the forefront of the latest innovations in VR.
Now responding to the rapid growth of VR as a gaming platform the studio in Amsterdam is working on several AAA VR games and we are looking for the best creative talent to join us.
Come join our international team in the center of Amsterdam. Please take a look at our website to see our vacancies!