We are Vertigo Studios, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world.
As our Amsterdam studio kicks off development of its most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise, we are looking to recruit an experienced Rendering Programmer who can aid us in our mission.
Are you looking to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to implement engaging engine features and rendering systems in Unreal Engine 4 to create visual splendor for our groundbreaking VR games and experiences? Do you want to be responsible for parts of the technical core of our games and experiences?
Are you comfortable cooperating closely with our art team to deliver the very best? Do you like mentoring other programmers to get the best out of them?
Do you know how to dive into a large codebase to track down that tiny part of code that is causing performance issues, were you won’t stop until it has been found, to the delight of your fellow team members?
Is C++ your main programming language, because the full control of it really gets you excited and are you equally passionate about the triple AAA potential of the Unreal Engine?
Then we are surely looking for you!
* To stand at the core of larger engine changes and expansions, working closely together with the tech lead to make it fit the complete codebase, working closely together with the artists to identify the visual requirements and working closely together with our core tech team so all our projects can benefit from sharable technology
* To use your knowledge of C++, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms and data structures to create solid technical designs and efficient implementations of these engine systems and adjustments
* To constantly take performance into account so our games and experiences can keep running at a smooth 72+ FPS, even when rendering to both eyes and using the latest and greatest mobile hardware to do so
* To adapt and expand upon our studio pipeline and coding standards to create spectacular and immersive games and experiences
* To use your knowledge of rendering, shaders and math to create new graphical features that enable our art team to create the highest visual standard for VR
* To analyze problems and debug them in order to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
* To guide and mentor less experienced programmers so they can quickly improve within the studio
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* You have clear experience working on the low level side of game engines (preferably Unreal Engine 4) to create special features or functionality that can be used in games, or you have clear experience setting up your own engine, including a rendering pipeline, and at a good optimization level
* You have written a number of engine adjustments or engine parts in C++ and have a great understanding of all the basic concepts of the language like the object oriented approach, pointers and references, containers, inheritance, polymorphism, functions, structures, and visibility. Next to that you also have good understanding of some of the more advanced concepts like smart pointer types, templates, multiple inheritance, and overloading
* You have experience with Unreal Engine 4
* It is a clear bonus if you have already worked in VR
* You are technical and collaborative at the same time
* You are algorithmic and low level focused
* You are excited by the potential of VR
* You are eligible to work in the EU
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
* Flexible working hours
* 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
* A healthy lunch in our canteen (when working from the office)
* 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
* Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
* Free pension plan
* Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
* Group activities and an annual VR game jam (also whilst working from home)
* Friday afternoon drinks (online)
* The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
* Whilst working from home we provide all the relevant hardware, budget for desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs
About Vertigo Studios Amsterdam
Force Field is now Vertigo Studios Amsterdam, part of the Vertigo Games Group the world’s largest VR games development and publishing company.
Vertigo Studios has operations in Rotterdam and Amsterdam together employing over 150 people spread over the 2 locations. Vertigo Studios Rotterdam is best known for VR hit Arizona Sunshine and the hotly anticipated AAA VR game After the Fall.
Vertigo Studios Amsterdam was founded in 2015. Its founders are game industry veterans having previously founded Guerilla Games (Kill Zone, Horizon Zero Dawn) and held executive positions at leading games companies such as Atari and Disney.
Our creative teams have been responsible for developing award winning VR Games and Experiences producing a wide range of top-quality projects. Our Core Technology team, working closely with leading hard and software companies, assures the studio stays at the forefront of the latest innovations in VR.
Now responding to the rapid growth of VR as a gaming platform the studio in Amsterdam is working on several AAA VR games and we are looking for the best creative talent to join us.
Come join our international team in the center of Amsterdam. Please take a look at our website to see our vacancies!